• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

What would you do?

Started by ingeborgdot, July 13, 2007, 15:19 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ingeborgdot

The mobod i really like does not have an internal pin connector for a 1394 plug on my case.  My case has a 1394 connector and a cable but the cable has a 9 pin female connector.  I have checked on using an add on pci card but can't seem to find any.  They only seem to have the standard 1394a connector.  Maybe I should just look at another board but I really like the board because of its rating and its features.  Are there any adapters that would work?
Antec P182, Abit IP35 Pro, Q6600, 4GB Crucial Ballistix, Leadtek Winfast PX7900GSTDH, P & C silencer quad 750 watt, 3-Seagate Sata 500, HT Omega Claro, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 THX, Digital Doc 5+, 2 Samsung SATA DVD burners, Canopus ADVC50,Vista Ultimate Retail 64 Bit, Vista rating 5.9

Mark H

If you don't have any firewire devices, then I would just not connect up the front port like I don't have my front port audio connections connected. If you want to use firewire, then there are 1394a to 1394b adapters. Just do a search on Google or at Newegg.com to see what is out there.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

ingeborgdot

I have found that just using another board will just be best.  It is the gigabyte board ga-m57sli s4 which is a pretty good board.
Antec P182, Abit IP35 Pro, Q6600, 4GB Crucial Ballistix, Leadtek Winfast PX7900GSTDH, P & C silencer quad 750 watt, 3-Seagate Sata 500, HT Omega Claro, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 THX, Digital Doc 5+, 2 Samsung SATA DVD burners, Canopus ADVC50,Vista Ultimate Retail 64 Bit, Vista rating 5.9