• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Dell vs. HP vs. Panasonic

Started by Allie-Baba, July 11, 2007, 17:28 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie-Baba

I'm considering getting the kids (10 and under) a new PC. The ol' Quantex just isn't reliable any longer and with Win 98SE not being support, and no virus protection, etc. etc. I just think it's time to move on.

I know that this forum is mostly about builds and mods - but I was hoping I could obtain some opinions.....

They don't require any thing major - mostly just browsing - but occasionally some of their games require a 3D graphics card. I've considered going the build route but given some of the things that are going on time wise right now in my life and work - and the fact that pretty much any version of Windows pretty much sets the price point (that is to say that for a single use personal copy of Windows(XP/Vista) it would almost be the single most expensive portion of any build).

Any - through my company I can get certain small discounts off of Dell, HP and I thing Panasonic - unfortunately not the huge corporate discount my company gets on the order of 50%.

Anyone have any opinions on these?

I doubt that I will be able to go the ~$400 desktop route and get what it needed - but maybe the $600 route?

THNX
BRAD
"I had  something to say here, but then I forgot"

Buffalo2102

I would definitely consider Dell for a basic system.  You can configure your own system on the website and see what it will include and cost before commiting to anything.  You could also consider Dell Outlet which sells cheap systems that are usually brand new but have been cancelled orders from others or have been sent back and repaired or no fault found.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Mark H

Out of the three, I would go with Dell.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.