• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Lost applications /sound selections

Started by Bubba, March 27, 2009, 18:08 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba

Boy been a while,,,

Greetings everyone,,,

I have a weird thing that happened. In my sound properties, I lost several of the "choices" to add a custom sound ,,, Windows start and shutdown are still listed,,, but a few,,,, most notably new  mail notification ,,,, is not in the list, so I can not apply a custom or any sound when mail arrives.
My son son it may be a virus,,, but I use CA Antivirus, and Spyware detector,, This happened on both my home pcs,,, really weird,,,,, is there a way to restore the missing sound applications,,, without  a total reinstall of Windows ??

Using XP Home on one pc,,,, XP Pro on the other one
Like Grandpa used to say, "maybe there ain't nothin' wrong, but, somethin' aint' right."

Bubba

ummmm,,, well no,, I guess not,,,, Do have orignal XP discs,,,,  and I do have a 3rd pc that I think still has all those sound property applications,,, it is XP Pro,, can I "make" a rescue xp cd from that pc ?  If it is XP Pro, will it work onXP Home ?

I looked at the Add windows components in the Add Remove section of he Control Panel,,,,, nothing there will help.
Like Grandpa used to say, "maybe there ain't nothin' wrong, but, somethin' aint' right."