• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Sony Vaio F190 Battery problem

Started by bigjohnjtt101, May 30, 2003, 02:37 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjohnjtt101

I Just got an old Vaio 366 mhz F190 from a friend and it has a new battery installed. He used it a couple of times
for a few of minutes just to see if the battery worked and he said it did. Today when I got it, It would not power up form the battery so I plugged it in for a couple of hours. When I came back, the battery was incredibly hot and it still won't power up from the battery. The battery status monitor shows that it has a full charge and the battery is in 100% working order but it won't work from it. The computer runs fine from the AC cord only. The old battery he had  wouldn't charge anymore so maybe this is an internal problem? What could cause this and could it be fixed reasonably?

UKPC

Hey

I am not sure if this will be any use but here is a link to the sony Vaio F190 Battery Problems.

http://www.vaio-link.com/UK/KB/3000_0/31191.html
MSI MS-6380 v2 K7T266 Pro2 via DDR Socket A |Coolermaster Socket A upto AMD XP1900 Fan/He|AMD Athlon XP 1600|Philips CRDW1610K 16x10x40|3D Power GeForce2 MX400 TV 64mb AGP OEM|384 MB 184Pin DIMM PC2100 DDR RAM|Taxan Ergovision 735 TCO99|Windows XP Pro|Alcatel ADSL Modem|Iomega Zip 100

query

It sounds like the low voltage (charging) circuitry is faulty.  On some notebooks, this means a small board needs replacement - on most newer ones, the charger is on the mainboard, which would need to be replaced.

A call to Sony repair is the next step.