• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by Ace, July 11, 2001, 18:50 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Dear John,

(Man, I've wanted to write that for so long..)..

I gotta figure you're probably in the wrong room.  See, if you poast in the incorrect place, you could get moved into an other area or start a whole chain of "Hi Patman!" "Hi Neon!" "Hi Pete!" massages.

Or, like Ace, just kill off the whole trail by your final poast.  I mean; just look. How many chains has Aceio poasted to that just died right there.  I mean, criminy, call the guy "Grimmy" or "Mr. Reaper", for cryin' out loud.

Otherwise, you could do a 180 and wind up right outta the portal you came in by, and in one of those electronically monitored one-of-130-or-so bathrooms in Bill Gate's home.

It's an easy mistake.. those are mostly the kind I make.

Sue Spammer; if I married Mike Hammer I'd be... well, never mind what I'd be.  Probably not very happy, I can tell you that much...

Sue.

Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

Ace,

Congratulations on finally becoming a Senior Poaster! For your accomplishment, you get 2 red stars! Dang communists.

John,

I don't know what's up with the cookies. We'll have to look into that.

http://www.poasters.com/images/scuzzy.gif" border=0>

Alex Garcia
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

pat

"Hi Sue!" "Hi Mike" "Hi Mr Reaper"

What I would like to know is what happened to the Poasters Icon that you could add to your favorites, at least mine is gone and I can't get it back.

Ace has two red stars and I can't get a P with a blue circle around it, whats with that.

Bill gates has 130 bathrooms and Ace gets the one with a massage.

Man, if I had Ace's luck I would throw mine away.

Ace, he doesn't end things he leaves you speechless.

Edited by - patman on Jul 11 2001  9:13:37 PM
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

n/a

Patman, if you want your icons back, you'll have to talk to Ace. He probably took them. Before he gave mine back, he made me reformat my hard drive and send him everything that was left over. That's why no one follows-up after his poasts: fear.

Seriously, here's the scoop from the Favicon site:
quote:

Favicons are cached very similar to html documents.  When they are

deleted from the cache, they revert to the standard IE icon.  If you want

to prevent the icon from disappearing:

1. Create a local directory (IE

c:\favicons)

2. Copy the desired favicon into the directory created above.

3. Right click the mouse over the favorite/bookmark and select

properties.

4. Enter the path (or use the 'browse' feature) to the favicon you

want for that bookmark.

Another temporary solution is to hold down the mouse button

while holding shift over the default IE icon in

the address bar and then let go of the mouse button anywhere in the

address bar.

This seems to 'update' the favicon.

John, as for your password, my guess it's also some sort of caching problem. Are you using the same location for your Temporary Internet Files?

Or are you maybe clicking Logout when you leave the page? That deletes the cookie that recognizes you when you return.

http://www.poasters.com/images/bear.jpg" border=0>

--Bear

John

Bear, same temp file I always use. However I may have to reformat again as I am getting more problems than just the passoword issue. As for you Ace, believe me when I tell you you're not the first person to send me a Dear John. Although try as I might I never understood the rest of your thoughts. Oh well only Ace knows the truth of his words. Gee and I thought I made no sense when I spoke. I feel right at home here. Nice stars Ace.

http://www.poasters.com/images/pcguy.gif" border=0>

John
Cogito Ergo Sum

scuzzy

John,

Give this a try to see what kind of results you get:

Create an extremely fictitious new member, such as "Wonderful Ace", or "Smart Ace", or "Dear Ace". See if the phony member name stays on screen.

http://www.poasters.com/images/scuzzy.gif" border=0>

Alex Garcia
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Joanie

Hi Guys,

Don't be too hard on Ace you know how confused he gets when there is more than one room, it boggles his mind.

Kitty Kat could you possibly draw a map of the Forum for him. I think that  would help a bunch. He just needs a little direction.

Joanie

http://www.poasters.com/images/rahrahsm.gif  " border=0>

John

Scuzzy, I tried that and no joy. In order for me to logon sucsessfuly I have to uncheck save password at logon. I do have cookies enable in my browser IE5. I even downloaded IE5.01 again no joy. My cookie folder is where it always is in the Windows file. I don't understand this. Oh well I can still sign in the other way. Thanks anyway.

John
Cogito Ergo Sum

Ace

Well, if it will help, you can use my log on. Or logon. Or loggon. Or doggone logone. Whatever.

I think the username is "Ace". Or Aceio. Or I might have changed it to my real name; Sue Spammer. I gotta check. Let me sign out and back in, and I'll see if I can cut and paste.

I remember back in 2nd grade, I'd always try to paste and cut... what a goshawful mess. That and running with scissors.. especially when I ran into a classmate, Owen Horvath.

What a goshawful mess... poor kid.

Anywho: I think Scuzzy being the Ace of pointless harddrive incapacitation might've had something to do with your mishap, since it's something he might have advised previously. My own giant 4.3 gig is down to about a 2 ounce pie sliver of space remaining after dropping in the Works suite.

Sweet.

So I'm gonna look into hard drive additions and memory additions and maybe just scrap the whole thing since: I think I've refound employment. And can gratefully leave the degraded remnants of stupid Customer Service Heck behind. I'd say the other thing, but this place is rigged to take out any suspect poasting, like it did when I said "Josie and the *****cats" which is an honest to gosh name and it edited the thing to oblivion. And probably just now too; we'll know in a minute.

Criminy.

Oh yeah, and the password is "Gravel". I mean, you can't go wrong with that...

Unless I used "Scuzzycatlitter" which I've been known to on occasion.

So.

Hope that helps.

Wish I could remember what the question was. Soon As I finish this, I'll take a peek. Hope I was close.

Ace: he's further away from making a point than Anna Kournikova with a bad foot.

Ring bells for service.

Ace

Ok; think I get it.

You get two stars, your poasts appear twice.

Neat.

Neat.

Sweet.

Huh. uhuh.

ace; I'm twice the man I used to be.

Ring bells for service.

John

Anybody got any ideas as to why my password is not staying on. I just got done reformatting my hard drive and reinstalled all my software. When I log onto Poasters using username and password it says that I have been sucsessful in logging on. Only my name does not appear. I do have cookies enabled. I am using win 98se with medium security settings same as I always have. Got any ideas. Oh yeah when I uncheck remember password it works.

John

Edited by - John on Jul 11 2001  7:38:54 PM
Cogito Ergo Sum