• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NESTORATH!

Started by Ace, May 19, 2004, 11:48 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Since you said you wished you had one, here; you got your wish.  

Perhaps this could be the BirthDay Poast For People Whom Are Not Having Birthdays, And So Not To Be Left Out.

editors note: for those who would quibble that "It's not really your birthday... it's the anniversary of your birthday"

Knock it off.  Will  Ya.

Geez Louise.  It reminds me of the turn of the millenium, with the complainers "This isn't the end of the millenium next year is because it took one year to get to Year One so we're really at the 1999th year blah blah blah" like the calendar didn't change oh how many times anyway during those couple thousand years and who the heck knew it was year "0" if  that's what it was anyway, at the time.  Which how many people could tell, then.

Ok. So; for Nestorath the Immortal plus any mortals who aren't celebrating a birthday today, happy birthday to you all.  Boy, if that isn't as sensitive and politically correct as you can get.

Senseless, yes.  But darn nice regardless.

Ace; for those whom use "irregardless" you are beyond help, anyway.  Any darn way.
Ring bells for service.

iansl

Thanks abunch. I always wanted a birthday poast devoted to me, even if it was also devoted to you...
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

Nestor

And a very happy un-birthday to you too, Ace. This is the very bestest unbirthday anyone's ever attended. *sob*

I'd like to thank the academy for my award as 'Best Emotional performance while under stress'

... but I won't.

You ever notice how everyone would like to thank the academy..?
I'd like to as well. But I won't.

Ace; I'd like to go out to lunch today- I think i will. Much thanks for the un-birthday.
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM

Ace

Well, Nestor, I'd like to offer my sincere congratulations.  I would.

I'd like to offer you a free drink, on me.  I would.  And IanS too.  Them too.

Ace; a happy unbirthday is better than an unhappy birthday.

Ring bells for service.

Nestor

Ace, i'll tell you this with all sincerity: If you were in my 'hood', I'd say, "Yo, dawg, let's roll down to da hole and down us some brews."

And then I'd try to beetcha in pool after eight or nine too many.

And it would be my treat. Because, after all, it's my unbirthday, and I'll pay if I want to.
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM

Ace

And me, being the perfect guest, would let you.  

Woof.  I mean, "Woot."  That dawg thing threw me off for a minute.  I believe you could probably beat me in pool even while sober.  Unless it's "swimming", of which I'm at risk either way.

Hey; you know what?  Your unbirthday poast is now above Carsick's.  Sorry; Carskick.  

Ace; if anyone should be picking up the tab, it's Pat...
Ring bells for service.

Igloo

ok... pst put me down for erm.... a couple of carlings and 6 bacardi breezers
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Nestor

Carlings are like herrings, right? Some kind of fish? As for mixed drinks... I drink beer. If I'm buying, it's beer. I suspect it's all the german and Irish blood in me: I can't help but enjoy it. My opinion is that it's a perfect social drink; at the bar, around the barbeque pit, after dinner, watching the game with your friends.

So, For the bar then, Ace; and Although I'm buying, Pat will be picking up the tab. It's probably the one that came off my keyboard last week anyways, so what's the harm?

I just remembered! It's most likely YOUR unbirthday too, Ace. Or Bob. Or whatever you prefer. But you cannot prefer or not prefer your unbirthday, because it's your unbirthday we're also celebrating. Unbirthdays require bad games of pool and large pitchers of Killians, Birthdays require abnormally long poasts and pictures of cake. So, I'm off to find an abnormally long cake and put it on a picture of a poast.

Yep!

Ace

I would never put anyone down; it's not nice and not good chatroom protocol.  Even if it is their birthday.

Well, even if it isn't their birthday.  Well, his or her birthday.  Unless they're twins, then it could be their birthday.  

Ok, I know. The "Anniversary of Their Birthday."  Dangit, I said knock it off....

If two twins had their birthdays, it'd be a party of 4.  Neon would have to bake another cake.  Maybe he could come up with a Birthday Pizza.  It'd probably have onion, and be topped with icecream.  Or you could light the grease, and try to blow it out and make a wish.  

Mabel, black labels...?  Geez, I haven't seen a Carling Black Label in years.  Not since Carling Bassett played tennis.  And refused to eat.

I'm not a fan of breezers.  And I've been going with Mount Gay rum, instead of Bacardi.  You know, speaking of bats, I had one in the house last summer.  I went after it with a tennis racket.  I bet Carling Bassett couldn't have hit it, either.  

I don't know what the logo for Mount Gay has.. I'm kinda afraid to look, at this point.  

Our local zoo has giant fruit bats this summer.  Now, if you're following my train of thought, you'll see how I got to that.  Personally, I'm afraid to look at that, too.  It's hard sometimes to describe how my mind works, except for saying "not well."  

If we have a non-birthday party for all noncelebrants, we should probably be sure to not bring presents.  Maybe as a switch, someone could try to blow fire on the candles, to put them on instead of off.  And not make a wish.  I knew a guy in college who could blow fire.  I'm not going to say more; I feel I've already said too much.

Ace; it sure wouldn't be appetizing, even if it wasn't your cake.
Ring bells for service.

trav

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NESTORATH!!!

;)

your buddy, trav
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Ace

GEEZ CRIMINY TRAVIS Haven't You Had Enough dang birthdays for one person this year???! I know the dang thing's eternal or immortal or whichever the one that isn't pizza is but geez Louise we're celebrating people who AREN't having birthdays here and then you come barging in with your big new face and yelling at Nestorath to have a Happy Birthday when it isn't his AND POASTING IN ALL CAPS IS LIKE YELLING IN CHATROOMS IS NOT POLITE and nobody said it was and it's not even your dang birthday anyway dangit so

So...

Wait a minute.

Hold on; just a minute.  Huh.

Yours isn't... he isn't... people who aren't....  that would be... ok.  Ok.

Never mind.  Carry on.

That's fine.  Not a problem.  Sorry about that.  Mistook you for a teenager, there, or something.  It's ok.  Absolutely.  Sorry for the mistake.  Heh, I didn't recognize what you were saying, since you were using actual words and not smiley faces... Ha!  Kinda funny, huh.  ;D Ha! ;D  yeah

Ace; this is getting out of hand... Usually it's just Nester and me poasting simultaneously... who knew Travis was back from shopping...
Ring bells for service.

trav

HUH?! Its not his birthday??? oy...im confused.... :-\\
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

iansl

It's the birthday poast for everyone who isn't having birthdays.

And I'll take 3 sprites. I love sprites.
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

Nestor

This is the official Un-Birthday Poast.

Hey, isn't it Neon's Unbirthday?

*Ahem*

HAPPY UNBIRTHDAY, NEON!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

wait, that was more Travis's line...

Oh well!

Sprites and pixies are not for human consuption! They have thoughts and hopes and feelers just like we do!

Ace

I should like to consume a wood nymph.  Urp.

Hope you have a great day that has nothing to do with you, Neon!

Ace; nothing much to do with me, either.  
Ring bells for service.

Karen

Happy un-birthday, Nestorath.  Even the undead uncelebrate...cool!

I'm at that awkward stage...somewhere between the young and the restless, and the old and the senseless.   ;)

Nestor

Who says I'm undead? I thought that was scuzzy's undead dead poast.

I may be eternal, but not undead.

Wood nyphs are nice, but I thought they had splinters. ???

ianSL shouldn't be left out, and neither should Igloo

HAPPY UNBIRTHDAY, IGLOO AND IANSL!!!

Igloo

WOOOT! instead of waiting till middle of Feb nxt year... i get one now!!! ;D

igloo

Edit: 502 poasts :D
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

iansl

:) Happy unbirthday Igloo.

Oh, and if I can't have a Sprite (the Coke kind, peoples), then give me 3 7-ups. Even though they're a lousy substitute, I'll make it somehow.

On the other hand, A&W Root Beer...

Nestor

HAPPY UNBIRTHDAY EVERYONE!

!!!1!!!one ;D one!!!1!11!!!

*ahem*

Mark H

Since I had a birthday this year and now an un-birthday, does that mean that I have a net birthday of zero? :o
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Nestor

welcome back to your preemie years!

Wait a minute... If that's so, welcome to Poasters!

;D

iansl

Hmmm...that would entail that. Sort of...I think it's been less than a year he's been around...net birtday of 0...that sounds nice. :)

Nestor

I should really stop being so smarmy...

especially towards the admins!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

iansl

Well, he wasn't one year ago. But he was...is, I mean, one minus one years ago. :) DCSun went, and now two have come to take his place.

Ace

I think "smarmy" is a term for humid weather in the desert in Texas, if the Gringo is sweaty.

Hey; Nessie isn't even here.  He's over in Bubba's birthday poast instead of his own.  Figures.

I'll go get him.

Ace; wish people would stay in their own dang poast for a change.  
Ring bells for service.

iansl

Well, you started the poast, so I guess it's your poast. But if you're adbicating and all, then give it to me...since nestie...nessie...nestorath is elsewhere for the moment.

trav

BUT...ace is celebrating Nestorath's un-birthday so (technically) it IS Nestie's poast!! see?

Mark H

There you are again dredging up the corpses of old dead and buried threads. I think there might be a law against such things, but it leaves me at the moment.  ::)
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Ace

I believe "smarmy" is a combination of "Summery" and "Warm".  Y.  

MarkH, IH sincerely thought this was one dead poast.  But you've proved us wrong.  I believe the law you're searching for is one of "Habeus Corpus."  "Show me the Body" as it were.  Like "Carpe Diem"; "We'll have Fish Today."

When two or more are gathered, and Travis shows up, some dang dead poast is going to be given mouth to mouth.  Figuratively.  With life breathed back in it.  Innit.  

Ace; "My old Dead and Buried Thread" sounds like the makings of a country tune, to me.
Ring bells for service.