• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Matrix sites

Started by ahopeter, March 08, 2004, 11:18 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ahopeter

Has anyone tried those matrix based websites that promise items for fraction of the price?  i went to ebay, and was looking for a radar detector, and this one auction popped up.  basically i pay the man about $10 and he would give me a web address where i can get the $400 radar detector for $50 by putting my name on a list.  when the list fills up, they send me my detector.  is this legal, is this real? thanks
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

Mark H

I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot poll. If it sounds to good to be true, then it is too good to be true.

By the way, save your cash and just go the speed limit. :)

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

ahopeter

haha, thanks.  i thought the same thing, but i guess i just wanted to believe it.
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

Wade777

Yes, matricies do work and do not scam you unless they go out of business.
Just choose one that is very reputable and one that you dont think is going to crash.  Also be prepared to wait longer than they tell you to to get to the top of the line.

As for going the speed limit, theres no need to if you have a good radar detector (I luuub mine and yes, I street race)
Need a custom computer?
Check out my website:
http://www.microhardcomputers.com

ahopeter

hmmm.... interesting.  now i am really getting confused, and lured into wanting to try it against my better judgement.  how long of a wait would you consider normal? thanks

Wade777

Well, I've never actually taken part in any mysef... but I know some friends that have.
My friend paid $40 for an XBox on a matrix site and got it in about 5 months.
If you want to take a risk and are willing to wait a long time, I'd do it.  (Maybe I'm just too easily scammed.. but I do know that there are some that are 100% legit).  Maybe do some more reasearch on the topic.
Need a custom computer?
Check out my website:

Nestor

That sounds like someone stealing a hostess delivery truck and selling the twinkies. Sure, profit is made, but who, in the end, gets the profit? I gotta say that Microsoft probably wouldn't recieve profit from the XBox. I vote no.
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM

Wade777

They pool all your money together and keep a small portion of it.  Basically, the more people that sign up for an XBox and pay for it, the quicker you will get your own.
Need a custom computer?
Check out my website:

ahopeter

Quote from: Nestorath69 on March 09, 2004, 12:07 hrs
That sounds like someone stealing a hostess delivery truck and selling the twinkies.
haha...thats great!

Wade777, any suggestions on a reliable source?

pat

Sounds like a classic pyramid scheme to me. Someone is going to lose out. Don?t you realize that?s exactly what every con artist out there wants? They want to play on your greed so you think you can get something for nothing or very little. It makes their scams work very well for them.
There is no such thing as a free lunch.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

ahopeter

true, true, true... but sometimes it is just so tempting.  i guess ill go with the voice in my head and stay away from it...thanks everyone.

Chandler

That's a good plan.  These things always turn up on eBay and other auction sites, and you only have to look at the seller's feedback ratings to realise how little a chance you have of getting the product.