• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

IT was NOW IGLOO'S BIRTHDAY!!

Started by Ace, February 15, 2005, 06:29 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

and We Say well I Say later Others Might Say it's hard to predict who might come in to work today But Anyway

HAPPY DANG ANNIVERSARY OF YOUR BIRTH IGLOO OLD BUDDY WELL YOUNG ONE SWEET 16 AND ALL you are our favorite Eskimo Poaster!  Penguins hop and sing at your arrival!  Polar Bears Rejoice!  And are Glad They are not Panda Bears!  Heck who isn't.

I hope your birthanniversary goes splendidly and you let us know what we can get you for your day.  Trav has $22 so hopefully you're not looking for any high ticket items.

Settle in for a couple days of honour in your honor.  These things have been stretching a little, so figure it'll take a while for us to get it out of our system.

Your Jester; Ace.  Have a good one.  Have two.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Happy Birthday Igloo.
Have a good one.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Bill

Out of the Icehouse, into the sunshine.  Bask in the shortlived glory of your 24 hour celebration.  Happy B Day. May you have many more!

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Buffalo2102

Happy Birthday Igloo!

If I really was Angelina Jolie, I could show you a good time.  However, since I am Jude Law, I'd better not.

Er...I'll shut up now. :-[
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Carskick

HBI

(Happy Birthday Igloo)

I hope it's a great one!
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

Igloo

thanks all, it was amzing, i whent up north to see my cousing over the weekend, came back yesturday morning, then, i went to the carling academy in birmingham, to see nightwish.

THEY WERE AWESOME!!!!

it was a brilliant day all in all, and now, i just have enough money for the playstation mod :)

Igloo
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Ace

Well, young man.  That's great.  Good for you.

Look.. I have to tell you though... I don't think you should be messing with those Scandinavian Metal Bands.  Especially Finnish ones.  Don't even start, let alone Finnish.  

Those guys, and apparently a girl too in Nightwish, get way too into that sort of thing.  Black metal.  Death and destruction.  Gloom and doom.  Goth and gore.  Way too intense for someone your age.  Plus, they're just the kind of band that will have CDs that push their levels right off the scale, and promote the over compression and loudness abuse Trav noted that's happening in the industry.  

Stick with good old British Steel.  Judas Priest, with Tipper Gore I mean Ripper or Rob. Or Iron Maiden, if they're still upright.  Or Deep Purple; they're still cranking away.  Sorta. Ozzy Osbourne; he's not going to hurt a dove, unless he falls over on it.  

Or the yanks; Aerosmith.  Once they got out of detox, they aren't as scary as those others.  Well, unless you look directly at them.

Heck; go see the Stones.  They're still rolling.  Sure, Keith apparently died a couple years ago, but he's ok as long as no one tells him.  And they're old enough to be your grandfathers.  Probably older.  Or just run the Superbowl Halftime of Paul McCartney; nice old guy with old silly love songs.  That's sweet.

Oh; but you might want to steer clear of the American retreads.. "Poison."  "Motley Crue."  Criminy, Vince Neil has enough botox and face lift to never close his eyes.  And Mick Mars also died, and they did tell him.  Didn't help.

You should spend time with uplifting, pleasant, inspirational music.  Elton John!  Ray Charles new one! Any of the American Idol winners!  Green Day!  Good Charlotte!  Just watch out for that weird Japanese "ode to a vampire" first cut.  Smashing Pumpkins!  Wait; they disbanded.  Cradle of Filth!  Spinal Tap!  The classics! Dream Theater!  Just don't try to dance to that.  The HorrorPops!  Anyone should dance to them!

Oh; and not Rush.  Only dogs can hear some of those notes, and it didn't seem like they enjoyed it.  You might even try U2, but don't sit behind them.  Not KISS though; they really have to stop the show.  Those outfits just are NOT flattering any more.

Ace; not Twisted Sister. That was just wrong, from the get-go.
Ring bells for service.

Igloo

i LOVE metal, it rules ;D dare to be different
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Ace

Oh, fine. Be that way. It's your birthday; you're allowed your heavy metal thunder.  

Heck, you're aloud.  Don't stand right in front of the speakers, and you'll be ok.  See how well I turned out.

Ace; rock has to be somewhat dangerous, to be rock.
Ring bells for service.

Igloo

funny you should say that  :-\

me and my friend were 3 rows back, and right in front of the HUMONGOUS left stack, heck, we couldnt hear ourselves think :-/

and then came the speaking, well, jeese, that wasnt happening, so lots of jumping and screaming etc ;D

Igloo
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Ace

You know, thinking probably wasn't all that necessary anyway.  I hope you wrote down the specifications of the left stack, plus the right one, so we can get them to Trav so he can build one for his home theatre system.

Probably break his mirror, and that bulb in his neck, but that's the price you pay.  

Ace; for those about to rock; we can't hear you.
Ring bells for service.

Igloo

2 large tweeters, 2 big bass cabinets, 6 mid range speakers (left same on the right)

then 4 mid range, and 2 more subs center stange (built intot he stage)

;)

good luck travis :p
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server: