• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

The English Phrase "The Prince is Gonna Marry Whom??"

Started by Ace, February 11, 2005, 19:07 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Ok, you English lads.  You put it to us Yanks on the Presidential Election, as we had to explain ourselves and what in world we're doing here as well as in the world...

Now it's your turn.  

If you would, please, share with us your take on the Prince of Wales impending nuptials.  Really; I (hopefully "we") would like to know how you view the goings on and effect it will have on your world.  

Ace; Thanks.  Yanks.
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

I am not really a religious person so I have no opinion about whether a re-married divorcee should become head of the Church of England (as Charles would be if he became King).
In the modern world, I don't have any problem with them getting married.  In fact, if they are in love and they want to get married, then I don't think that they should let centuries-old traditions and values get in the way.
I guess that the only conflict I have is that in this particular area the royal family is becoming modern, whereas in a lot of other areas they are resisting.  It seems to me that they resist any change that would lessen their income, or perceived value (perhaps understandably).  If they truly moved into the 21st century then I think it would become increasingly obvious that they really serve little purpose in the modern world; at least none that another head-of-state couldn't perform.

I don't really care one way or the other really.  It's not going to affect me in any way at the moment and the only real way it will affect me in the future is who's speech I can listen to on Xmas day once the current Queen abdicates or dies.

Royalty.....what is it good for?
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Bill

I don't know about the UK but here, royalties pay the artists.  Do you think the King or Queen qualifies?
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Buffalo2102

Queen definitely qualifies.  Made millions in royalties over the years....
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

Here in the states we have welfare for the POOR.

Ace; sorry; couldn't resist.  I tried.  I couldn't.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

You should really try harder;  to make some sense.  The Queen is poor?  Poor what, unhappy without a King,  poor eater,  poor, lost soul?  See what I'm talkin'?
Crikey.

According to NY media, Charles seems to have the support of the local Bishop but not the populace?   Can exile be far behind?   Off to Wales to rule in obscurity.  Power to the people!  

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Bill

It would seem, if you can believe the press, that the turmoil is building, slowly, but building nevertheless.

Bill

Ace

Well, that's just the thing.  Not to believe the press.

Just this morning, for instance; Colorado Policeman found with risque partially clothed photos of men...  You know, you see something like that and you ask yourself "Huh. Who do I know who's an Officer of the Law somewhere Near Colorado Who Would Do Such a Thing."  And then you have your answer, and there you go.

If one was to believe the news here, you'd think it was Whizbang's Birthday and Iansl's Birthday.  Still.  Criminy, somewhere down the food chain it's probably still Scuzzy's birthday, let alone Travis' from last year.  I know Iansl is still getting presents, and other free stuff, and seems to have some interest in How The Pyramids Were Built.  I'll tell ya, I'd rather be building the top of it than the bottom, that's for sure.

I saw a "happy" headline this morning about Charles and Camilla (Charlie? Chuck? Chas?).  So, it's probably going to go up and down in popularity.  You'd think by this poast there was only One English Poaster.  Let alone British.  That's just the thing with the media; it's hard to trust it at face value.  The media is medium, someone once said.

I'm probably off message now, but that's ok since it's the First Anniversary of Mardi (Tuesday) Gras (Fat).  And Igloo's Birthananniversary.  That one's true.

Ace; probably kept the photos out on his lawn in the freezer.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

If you read enough of the press you start thinking like the pressors  er  reporters, no, writers  journalists  newsmakers.   The part of the story left out was the photos are part of a cold weather research study to understand the effects of being partially clothed while travelling 100 MPH down the shoulder of the road chasing used appliance thieves.  They never really get it right.   The Officer was only holding the photos for a friend and fellow researcher.

Bill; it's impossible to be "off message" when your talking to yourself.