• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

HAPPY DANG BIRTHDAY KAREN JIMS PATS BILLY THE GOAT

Started by Ace, September 10, 2004, 09:12 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Well, Geez Karen, then.  

Hope you still have a home and a state and some dry land around you, and that the gators are friendly and Gordon Sumner stops by to say "Hey" and Carsick doesn't drop his tree debris in your yard and all's well down yonder at Land's End.  And Water's Begin, apparently.

I'll let some high-tech geek poast a birthday cake and colorful text and that stuff, and maybe Trav can set out some smilies we can light and you can blow out and make a wish.  

Besides survival of the hurricane season (how long is it, a year?) maybe the death of all pandas on this the day commemorating your birth, or collapse of some smilies at least.

Hope's it a good one
I actually just keyboarded that.. what an idiot. That deserves staying, just to show people how typing and coffee don't mix...

Ace; c'mon pandas; die.  It's the lady's birthday, for cryin' out loud.  Join in.
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

Happy Birthday Karen. With all the hurricanes you need something possitive to happen such as Ace's birthday wish. Wait a minute: is that positive?
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

pat

Happy Birthday Karen, hope it's a good one.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Chandler

Ace

Dangit Marhk, yes, it's "possitive."  ::)

I told her I hoped she hasn't been blown of the face of the earth.  That's about as nice as I get.

Ace; WVA is probably the only place that won't be underwater on the East Coast, after these things work their way through.
Ring bells for service.

Carol

Hi Karen,

Hope you are having a really wonderful birthday! Happy birthday.

Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

trav

Happy birthday Karen! Have a good one :)

Ill FedEx a cake too you ;) :)
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Karen

Thank you all so much for the Happy Birthday and warm wishes!  So nice of you all to remember!   ;D

Birthday plans for today have been scrapped in favor of preparation for Ivan's possible arrival.  As well as being my birthday, today is also the statistical height of hurricane season and mother nature has seen fit to send yet another unwanted visitor, Ivan...hmm, I wonder if there's a message in that somewhere.  We are preparing to "hunker down" as the forecasters have told us to do.  Three in one month is a bit much.  I love living in Tampa and in Florida in general, but this is really getting weary.  

Once Ivan leaves, plans are to "party like it's 1999"...except it will be 2004...lol!

Take care Carol and Carskick.  Let us know how you're doing once this is over.  Take care my fellow Floridians.

And thank you all again for the warm birthday wishes!

Karen   :)
I'm at that awkward stage...somewhere between the young and the restless, and the old and the senseless.   ;)

JimS

Hey Karen, Happy Birthday!  I don't care to admit it, but today's my birthday too.  Don't they seem to come faster and faster?
"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet

pat

Happy Birthday Jim.
I will dedicate this next blonde joke to you for a birthday present.

A blonde goes for a job interview in an office.
The interviewer starts with the basics.
"So, can you tell us your age, please?"
The blonde counts carefully on his fingers for half a minute before replying "Ehhhh... 22!"
The interviewer tries another straightforward one to break the ice. "And can you tell us your height, please?"
The blonde stands up and produces a measuring tape. He then traps one end under his foot and extends the tape to the top of his head. He checks the measurement and announces "Five foot eight"
This isn't looking good so the interviewer goes for the real basics; something the interviewee won't have to count, measure, or lookup. "Just to confirm for our records, your name please?"
The blonde bobs his head from side to side for about ten seconds, mouthing something silently to his self, before replying "Jim!"
The interviewer is completely baffled at this stage, so he asks - "What in the world were you doing when I asked you your name?"

"Ohhhh, that!" replies the blonde...
" I was just running through that song -
'Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear...
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

JimS

Thanks, Pat, I think...

Good joke, except it hits a little too close to home.
"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet

Karen

A very happy birthday to you too, Jim!!   :)  I see I'm in good company.  

I agree with you, Jim, that the birthdays are coming faster and faster.  I guess it beats the alternative though!

Thanks, Ace, for hoping I don't get blown off the face of the earth.  I'm hoping for the same as well.  I've been glued to NOAA and other weather web sites and newscasts for a month now.  I think everyone in the entire state has been as well.  

Travis, the cake sounds yummy.  Depending on Ivan's track, I might ask you to throw in some of those hurricane supplies listed in the earlier Hurricane Charley poast as well.

Karen
I'm at that awkward stage...somewhere between the young and the restless, and the old and the senseless.   ;)

Ace

Well, that's something.  Karen's in here celebrating the anniversary of her birthday and a crowd of Jims come in, saying it's their birthdays too.  

Yeah, right.

We've had people try to extend their birthdays, for a week or month or whatever, but I don't recall anyone horning in to make a poaster's birthday a group shot before.  I suppose it's possible.

Ok, then.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EVERYONE OF THE JIMS.  

You guys don't get your own separate singular poast, since you're already in this one and you're plural.  We'll probably need more cakes, too.

Ace; they probably shoulda just popped into the pizza poast, since then there'd be enough for all of them.  I wonder how many of the Jims are blond, too.
Ring bells for service.

iansl

Happy birthday, guys! Hope it's a good one! Sorry for it being a day late, my paost that is. But anyways better late than never...happy birthday again :)
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

JimS

Thanks, Karen.  Yes, I always remind myself of the alternative whenever my advancing age comes to mind.  I hope you make it through this next hurricane okay.

All of us will be happy with one partially-though-unintentionally-hijacked happy birthday poast, Ace.

Thanks, everyone.
- Stephen Grellet

Carskick

Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

Ace

GEEZ LOUISE NOW CARSICK IS TRYING TO CAPTURE THE DANG THING after we already threw him a party after he finally showed up for the dang thing after a week and

Oh.  Ok, hold on a minute... Oh.  

Alright, he was just wishing one, not claiming it.  Sorry.  That's fine.

After the JimS showed up, I just expected someone else to go "hey, it's my birthday too, so I'll take this..."

It's a tough job being a LOOKOUT!!! sometimes.  You gotta go through the color coded warning chart, and then not try to jump the gun, but also you don't want some terrorist hijacker taking off with your dang poast, either.  And I hate strip searches... I thought  I'd enjoy them, but I found I don't like being naked in public.

Ace;  :-X
Ring bells for service.

trav

Nah, now im trying to capture it! With my year-long birthdays....this'll be easy...heh heh heh.... ;) :)
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Carskick

Quote from: Ace on September 12, 2004, 10:33 hrs
GEEZ LOUISE NOW CARSICK IS TRYING TO CAPTURE THE DANG THING after we already threw him a party after he finally showed up for the dang thing after a week and

Oh.  Ok, hold on a minute... Oh.  

Alright, he was just wishing one, not claiming it.  Sorry.  That's fine.

After the JimS showed up, I just expected someone else to go "hey, it's my birthday too, so I'll take this..."

It's a tough job being a LOOKOUT!!! sometimes.  You gotta go through the color coded warning chart, and then not try to jump the gun, but also you don't want some terrorist hijacker taking off with your dang poast, either.  And I hate strip searches... I thought  I'd enjoy them, but I found I don't like being naked in public.

Ace;  :-X

Uh, yeah Ace. You always know the right wrong uh thing to say.

Some days I have more time to browse the forums than others. That's just how it goes. You don't have to scream about it. And no I'm not trying to claim anything. My next birthday, I'll make sure to show up, just for you, Ace.

Carskick; just to bug Ace
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

Ace

Well, geez criminy Carsick, I already apologized.  Well, took it back.  Well, rescinded my earlier statement.  

I was even the one who did the dang birthday poast for your dang birthday, when you had one, back when.  And, I was referring to you in the 3rd person, and not directly, and I wasn't screaming.  It's not like there's sound attached to these things.  I was just making a statement, mostly to bug the Jims.  I don't think it's very sporting to start bugging me, while I'm bugging them...  It's enough to focus on offense, without watching your back.

Well, my back.  Somebody's.  

And, I know that we can't all spend all the time we all want to spend, in here, and all.  I know you guys are fighting hurricanes and rain and high wind and tidal waves and absorbent powder plummeting outta the sky, along with most of your trees, so we all just appreciate the time you do spend here and eagerly await your imminent return.

So that you can accuse the dang jester/lookout/janitor who is busting his dang jingling bells trying to wish happy birthdays to the celebrants and jest and sweep and vacuum and promote peace and prosperity and good humour and rid the world of evil and pandas, which are pretty much one and the same.

dangit.  "scream about it"...  geez screaming louise.

Ace; his next birthday, I oughta have Travis come in and take the dang thing over for a month... then we'll see who screams.  "shouted".. maybe.  "yelled".... well, ok.  screamed?!?  no way.

Ring bells for service.

Neon

Um, I am rather late here, but wish that a happy birthday was had by Karen. And JimS, too. And many happy more to come.

Ace stop the screaming, or I'll give you something to scream about.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Ace

OH YEAH??!? YOU AND HOW MANY MARINES, JOKER?
as Sgt. Rock would say.

MAYBE I'LL JUST YELL MY FOOL HEAD OFF.  WHATTYA THINK OF THAT, HUH?!?  :o  MAYBE I JUST OUGHTA WISH A DANG HAPPY LOUD STINKING BIRTHDAY TO EVERY DANG PERSON IN ANY PROXIMITY OR EARSHOT.  wHATTYA THINK ABOUT THAT HUH?  MAYBE i'LL JUST YELL ON DOWN TO FLORIDA AND WISH KAREN AND CARSKICK AND CAROL A REALLY DANG LOUD CATEGORY FIVE BIRTHDAY.  EVEN IF IT ISN'T ONE OF THEIRS.  oR TWO.  MAYBE I'LL YELL LOUD ENOUGH TO WAKE ALL THE DANG DEAD MONKEYS IN THE CHATROOM.  MAYBE I'M GONNA YELL LOUD ENOUGH FOR BLOND(E)S TO UNDERSTAND.  

but it's not screaming.  
Criminy.  Loud, sure.  You bet.  Screechy?  uh uh.  Not terrorized by treble... just high gain.

Ok, then.  I think that's about all the birthdays, present and accounted for.  Now Neon and all the "administrators" can go back to their dang trade shows and Denny Crane impersonations, and the poor working stiffs here can continue with the living and dying and working and plugging away that makes this dang poast office what it is.

Louder than heck, primarily, but impossible to predict, too.

Ace; Administrator of Loud.  LOOKOUT!!  ow my head
Ring bells for service.

Carskick

Quote from: Ace on September 12, 2004, 10:33 hrs
GEEZ LOUISE NOW CARSICK IS TRYING TO CAPTURE THE DANG THING

The caps indicate screaming/shouting, Ace. It sure is fun bugging you. I should do it more often. Right now, I've got a huge grin on my face while typing this. I know I'm not very good at it. At least not as good as you are. You are the arteest. See. I try and bug you, and I end up complimenting you.

Carskick; If Ace only knew...

Bill

Geez, don't wake the dead monkeys. They get nasty and even attack blondes sometimes if resurrected.  You heard the phrase "loud enough to wake  the dead"?  Well don't do it monsuier or monsueir -how about just Le J?

And if you are going to do it anyway, at least try and get it right - wHATTYA -

Now having typed "loud enough..." I noticed you have heard the phrase, and borrowed it.

Same thing happened with "french fries".
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Oh, and now it's "screaming/shouting."  Pretty soon it'll be "loud exhortations to the general populace."  

Look, kids; it's an exclamation.  Hence, the exclamation mark (!). Is it loud? No, it's tall.  I poasted big, not loudly.  There is no sound here.  You could hear a pin drop.

There.  I just dropped one.  Hear it?  Of course not.  Hence, my point.

Even though this proclamation (town cryers probably didn't whisper words of public concern) of happy birthdays has been waylaid by the latecomers and those who'd offer dead monkeys as a party gift, it still was in homage to Karen and the gang of Jims and anyway else who felt in need of an honoring of their birth.  So, in conclusion, let us exclaim:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONE MORE TIME KAREN AND JIMS.  !  (see? there it is again).

Heck, and Carskick and Travis too, for that matter.  Scuzzy is probably still working on his, at this point in time.  The whole lot of you.

I know Carskick is trying to get my goat.  Heck, I'm thinking of letting him have it.  I thought it would be good for recycling, eating tin cans and all, but I never thought of cleaning up after an animal that eats tin cans and stuff like that.

And birthday cake seems very appropriate, but I can't see french fries as the same thing.  Although I have had french fries that you could actually ignite, due to the grease content (we used to do that in the cafeteria at the dorm in Purdue).

alright then.  let's just tip toe out of here and this poast snooze, and we'll start up another loud one later, next birthday we get.

ace.  shhhh.

Ring bells for service.

pat

We?ll it won?t be mine, that was last month.   :P

Carskick

I DON"T WANT YOUR STINKING GOAT...

Oh sorry, I forgot about the quiet thing. Okay, I'll be quiet until the next Bday, after one more loud

!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Okay, I'm done. Now back to tech supprting. Uh-oh. I just remembered I have calculus homework. I might pass if I could spell it.  :P

Oh well. Cya.

Ace

Ok; I talked to the goat, and he forgives you for shouting at him and scaring him near to death.  Plus, he sorta resented your description of him as "stinking", but the more he considered it he felt he had to agree with your assessment.

Happiest of belated Birthdays to Pat.  I shall honor you with a free margarita.  I shall.  Neon will stop by a month from now to wish you a happy one.

And Cars, don't worry about the spelling; you spelled it right.

Ace; I-T.  It's not hard.  Now calculus; that's hard.  I took art instead of calculus, when faced with that decision.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Thanks for that Ace.
From one model 54 to another, cheers.

Ace

It was a very good year.  

Ace; we're gonna have to split a liter.
Ring bells for service.