• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Cursor in PowerPoint 2007

Started by JimS, April 04, 2009, 19:02 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

JimS

Hi, all.

I've got three PowerPoint lectures I need to have completed by Monday, and I'm going blind trying to find the dang cursor.  The presentation I'm working on has a textured wedgewood blue background.  When I'm entering and editing text, the cursor is a thin dark orange line, maybe about a millionth of a pixel wide.  Is there any way to change the color, shape or contrast of the cursor.

At this rate, I figure I've got maybe another two hours of sight left, after which JimS will stand for JimSightless...

Thanks.
"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet

JimS

Thanks, John.  It didn't occur to me to change the cursor through Windows; I thought to change the PowerPoint cursor, you needed to do it through PowerPoint.  In Windows, I changed the Text Select cursor to "Windows Black (large) system scheme)", which works much better.  The only remaining problem is the marker for the last text select cursor position in PowerPoint is still that micro-thin line.  With the larger Windows cursor, it's definitely easier in PowerPoint, but I'd still like to find a way to make the PowerPoint cursor more prominent.

Thanks again, John.
"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet

Chandler

There's an option in the Windows Mouse control panel to show the location of the cursor when you press the CTRL key. It's not ideal, but it does help you to locate the cursor.

JimS

Thanks, John and Chandler.  I realize my initial question wasn't stated accurately.  The Windows cursor isn't really the problem; it's the text marker in PowerPoint, the thin line that shows where any changes were last made, or where the cursor last was.  I don't know if this is description is any clearer.

Changes to the Windows cursor did improve seeing where it is, and the CTRL key does show where the Windows cursor is, but the marker in PowerPoint is still soooo thin...
- Stephen Grellet