• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Is Benign Worth it?

Started by abseh1, November 01, 2003, 19:45 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

abseh1

Is Benign any good?

Benign
"Stop viruses, worms, scripts, web bugs and other nasties from attacking your computer, using this powerful email neutralizing software"

Benign takes in e-mail and simply produces, safer e-mail
Imagine being able to receive e-mail which is safe from viruses, worms, scripts, web bugs, privacy threats and other security risks, without affecting your e-mail.

Neon

You mean Firetrust Begnign, yes? Firetrust also makes MailWasher Pro, which I have reviewed favorably here. I haven't tried Begnign because I already use Norton AV, and the extra features of Begnign over NAV - it strips out HTML, web bugs, and externally linked images - are not enough to justify its expense, in my opinion. It claims to stop unknown viruses, but that consists of placing all attachments into "quarantine" by default, it isn't an AV scanner.

However, if I use MailWasher as a measure of quality, then the program is likely well written.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

abseh1

Tks for the feed back..I too have MailWasher Pro & I like it
I will stay with NAV..solo
It just sounded interesting..but I'll save the money for a USB 2.0 Card
Tks again