• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

HTPC

Started by andypress, July 22, 2003, 21:45 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

andypress

Does anyone know of a program that would be useful for tv output, where I can navigate through my divx files on screen?  I was thinking about something around the lines of MainLobby (you cant navigate your own files).  I would like it to display movie info etc.
"Nick Burns, the company' s computer guy. He'll fix your computer, then he's gonna make fun of you, Cause he's Nick Burns, your company's computer guy!

trav

please Re-Word your message, its confuing :)
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

andypress

REWORDED:  OK, I'll try to explain as simply as possible.  I have an htpc hooked up to my tv using an Ati 8500dv.  I use the htpc mainly to display divx movies.  I was wondering if there was a program in which I could launch a movie from that has a user interface that would look nice on a tv.  This means that I want something that his easy to read buttons, and is set up for a tv that can only display 640x480.  It would be nice if the program could display information about the movie.
"Nick Burns, the company' s computer guy. He'll fix your computer, then he's gonna make fun of you, Cause he's Nick Burns, your company's computer guy!

trav

Well you can try PowerDVD (it can play DivX to)
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

andypress

I was thinking of something like mainlobby.  http://www.cinemaronline.com/mainlobby.html

trav

i emailed them to send me the trial and ill tell you how it is k?

trav

andypress

I know where to download it, but it doesnt support movie files that are actually on your computer.

ArthurDent

You should check out myHTPC.
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it.
Those who learn history are doomed to watch others repeat it.

andypress

Oh my God!  This program is sweet!  Thank you so much for that link.  It looks so much more professional now.