• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Nero 7 a Bad Buy?

Started by Whizbang, July 25, 2007, 09:29 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

I have seen the reviews on Nero 7 Premium, and they are very bad.  The primary complaints are that it is bloated and buggy.  I had been considering getting the high-priced retail edition, but I have decided that the Ahead semi-stripped version is all that I need.  I can still do sound editing with Ahead Essentials.  I am just curious to know if anyone else has had bad experience with the latest Nero.

scuzzy

I dunno. I too have the same concerns about Nero 7. I'm not finding a whole lot of people that are very pleased with it.

I currently use Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5 on my main system, and Nero 7 OEM version (included with some burners) one another computer. The OEM version does what I need, so I have no compelling reason to upgrade to the full retail version.

To be fair, Easy has met my needs without problems, and it's simple to figure out. I don't know that I'm eager to upgrade to v9, though.

I get the feeling that quality control is out the window, and bloated patch work is in full rave.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Mark H

I went with the Roxio suite due to the complaints about Nero 7. It does what I need.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Chandler

I'm still using Nero 6.6 and it does its job perfectly.  I did try Nero 7 the last time I reinstalled Windows XP (over a year ago) but didn't care for it and reformatted again and stuck with Nero 6.6.  My main complaints were the fact that it is simply so bloated with features I'm never going to use, and it installs a load of DirectShow filters that conflict with others that I choose to use.

I've avoided Roxios products having had bad experiences in the past but I have been pleasantly suprised by the OEM version that came pre-installed on my Dell, so much so that I haven't loaded Nero onto that system and happily use Roxio (or Sonic or whatever they want to call themselves this month).

Whizbang

Nero seems to have assumed the same position that caused Roxio users to switch to Nero several years ago.