• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Wireless routers???? which one??

Started by ingeborgdot, April 16, 2004, 11:12 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ingeborgdot

The laptop I got came with an orinoko or whatever it is called wireless card.  What do I need besides that?  A router or what?  I would like to hook up the printer to it also so I can print from another room.  I don't want wireless on the printer but is there a port on the router to hook up?  Need a little advice here.  Thanks.
Antec P182, Abit IP35 Pro, Q6600, 4GB Crucial Ballistix, Leadtek Winfast PX7900GSTDH, P & C silencer quad 750 watt, 3-Seagate Sata 500, HT Omega Claro, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 THX, Digital Doc 5+, 2 Samsung SATA DVD burners, Canopus ADVC50,Vista Ultimate Retail 64 Bit, Vista rating 5.9

slaxorz

You will need a wireless router such as a linksys (now cisco) or d-link.  For the printer you will need a computer that its hooked up to or you will need a print server which can get expensive.  I saw a wireless one for $150 but you could probably get a wired one for about $75 or so.  If the card you have is 802.11g then you should get a 802.11g router.  If you get and 802.11b there wont be a hardware problem but it would be slower hope this helps