• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

My New Stereo!!

Started by Ace, July 16, 2005, 11:51 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Inspired by Travis, especially with what you can get for $30 or less, I too decided to upgrade my stereo system.  Now, understand, I've had a pretty decent stereo for some time...  Sony surround receiver and CD player, Infinity 3 ways with electrostatic tweeters, Cambridge sound satellites and subs, Bose surround speakers.. But everything can be improved, you know?  So here's what I got:
Sumiko Primare Integrated Amplifier and CD player

I like the look of the Sumiko combo which offers "massive power supplies, high quality componetry and simplicity of use."  They're great, and look good.

Additional amplifier or electronic stuff, from another brand...

These are good, too... and I like how they stack.  They're great...

Kharma Midi Exquisite main speakers

Here they are, in my.. in the room they're in.  I know $40,000 is a bit extravagent, but heck, they're the best, you know?  I'm worth it.

MBL 101 E Radialstrahler Omnidirectional speakers

I'm using these as the surrounds... I know that's kinda weird, since they're twice as much as the Midis ($80,000) but since they throw sound evenly in all directions, it made sense to use them this way with the Midis.  They're very good.  Funny looking, but who's gonna argue with a German, you know?  Heh.

Here's me, out in my yard jumping for joy listening to My New Stereo

I am very happy with it.  I'm using it with the RCA tv and Panasonic DVD I already had.  If I can find a photo I mean take a photo after I buy some more stuff, like a turntable or something, I'll poast more.  

ace; it was very easy to put together. too.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

I'd appreciate it if you would turn it down.   You're rattling my windows and Fido doesn't like it.

Nice pictures though.  
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

This place is so turned down, I may as well put on The Sounds of Silence.

I was going to wait for the accolades, snide comments and heartfelt congratulations to pour in...  Right.

Thanks; the pictures really do the system justice...

Ace; they're like 1,000 words each.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Nice self-image.  Too late to spell self-portraite  picture mirror image  fake.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

scuzzy

I didn't see anything about when the system expires. It wasn't sent to you by AceFTP Pro, was it?

Scuzzy; 2,020 days left
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

No sir. I got that thing direct; I guess mail order would be close to the means of delivery...

A lot of literature on it.  Yep.

I don't know what Bill is inferring as "Fake".. Those are actual photos of actual stereo equipment.  Real pictures, there.  Yessir.  I took them myself.  

And it still sounds as good as ever.

Ace; Those should last a long, long time.

Ring bells for service.

pat

I?m getting in late on this, but nice system.
So sleek, so stylish, so sublime.

It?s like pseudo stereo.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Well, yeah.  Ok.  Thanks.  

At first, I wasn't sure what "Pseudo" meant.  I thought it was a typo, and you meant "suedo."  Like it was leather, or something.  I mean, heck... it's a stereo, you know?  It's metal.  Pretty much.

So I guess it must mean "really cool and expensive, and hot."  So, ok.  Sure; thanks.  It is; I mean, heck, the speakers alone would run $120,000.  I mean, did.  Heh.  Wait'll I get that Visa bill, huh!

Whoa.  And that's just that... there's like electronics stuff, with amps and things, too.  So it's really, really expensive.  But it sounds really nice.  Really.

It's almost like it's invisible, and you just hear the music.  That's the mark of a really good system.

Ace; it's really good.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Listen, you hear the music even when the Sony is off.  I think that is not the way to judge a good system.  

Invisible is probably an accurate discription of eveything except the "jumping for joy" self-portrait.  Fake.  That has to be wrong.  Long-sleeved white wool sweater, long pants, heavy socks and boots in the middle of a heat wave.  Who are you trying to kid?  That picture had nothing to do with the new stereo.  Must have been last winter after you got back from the "race to the ER" episode.   I didn't realize you were quite that er robust.  Maybe you should cut down on the greenies.   Geez, you want to be around to enjoy your new toy; don'tcha?  

Give the Visa bill to your wife.  "Identity theft, I tell ya."

Bill

Ace

Well, yeah.  No.  That photo was a fake.  Planted.  Unreal.  Of course that wasn't me... criminy, the guy is fat.  And hairless.  I mean, no moustache or anything.  And fat, too.

Ok, I just threw that one in as a joke... heh.  I put a real photo in there, of me, in rapture of joy and stuff.

She already did the identity switch with me, at all the dept. stores.  Like I'd go to "Fashion Bug."  Right.

Ace; I'm not a fake guy... I'm a real live boy.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Ok now.  That's more like it.  At least there are shorts there.  But somehow I had pictured you as being a bit taller.  Must be the digital lens, yeah, that's it.