• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Screensaver Question

Started by LugwidVanB, March 14, 2009, 15:07 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

LugwidVanB

I have Win98. I want to install a screensaver using a folder with photos from Explorer. I can right click the Desktop, click Properties, click the Screensaver tab and get a list of screensavers that came with the program that I can start running. I use to know how to insert a folder into this list and use it as the screensaver. Does anyone know how to do this? Windows Help is no help (typical). Thanks

LugwidVanB

Right click on what? There was nothing clickable in your message JA.

LugwidVanB

Sorry, I don't have a clue as to what you are getting at. There is NOTHING to right click on.

pat

I think he means he did it on his computer at his house and he is telling you to right click on your computer.
Just a guess, but that's what I think.

Anyway, I find this How to install a screensaver.

Going by that, I would try putting your folder in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder and then bring up the screensaver dialog. See if your folder is in it and if it is, if it plays alright.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but it has been a long time since I've used a system with 98 on it.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

LugwidVanB

Thanks Pat. The site you listed gives instructions on how to install an already created screensaver. I am looking for a way to use my photos to create a screensaver. I did find a way in Picasa but I can't rearrange the sequence of the photos. Thanks for your input. Tom

"I think he means he did it on his computer at his house and he is telling you to right click on your computer."

Is this a joke?

LugwidVanB

The Irfanview will make that from your list of photos.
Thanks Ja. I DL the infranview. Can you tell me specifically how to create a scr file in that program from a folder of photos? Thanks

LugwidVanB

Okay, I got the slide show box, loaded a folder of photos, re-arranged them. Then going over to the Irfanview screen, the Options selection is greyed out and clicking it doens't do anything. So I closed out the slideshow box and then clicked on the Options selection, which then became available, but there is no 'Screen Saver' selection. I was able to run a slide show

I dl version 4.23.

LugwidVanB

Okay JA, what were you sipping and how many did you have? ::)

Yes, the solution is to click the box in the lower left corner, "Save slide show as EXE/ SCR". That does it. I'd never heard of Irfan. It's a very nice program, better than Picasa. Thanks!

Now I'd like to know how you upload a photo to go with the name, etc on the left here.

LugwidVanB

I uploaded a photo to Photo bucket and now I need specific directions as to how to get it over to the profile. Thanks

Mark H

Go to your Poaster's profile and select "Forum Profile Information." Select "I have my own pic" and then paste a link to your Photo Bucket picture.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

LugwidVanB

It's always something. After a few minutes the screensaver stops and sticks on one picture.

LugwidVanB

So, as I hope you see I now have a picture. It's a Red Shouldered Hawk. After that torturous experience shouldn't I get more than 2 stars, maybe 4 like JA?

BUT the screensaver still hangs up.

Bill

That has to do with your number of poasts, not your technology accomplishments!

Bil
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

LugwidVanB

I guess this is for JA. Once I create a screensaver in Inrfan can I call it back up and make changes? I created one with 75 photos. It stops on the last picture. I want to make it so it doesn't stop but I don't see how I can bring it up without starting over and creating it again from step one again. Thanks.

LugwidVanB

LugwidVanB

Every time I think I finally got it down something else comes up. I can't see how you can time how long the photos stay on the screen before changing to the next. They are going to fast. Is there a way to slow them down? Thanks

LugwidVanB

oops, I didn't realize you can key in your own time. Usually they have up/down arrows. I typed in 10 seconds. This works on the slide show, but the screen saver is still 5 seconds. Weird

LugwidVanB

I got the longer time but the only way I can see to do it is to start over and create a new scrsvr from the same batch of photos. I hope this is the end and I don't discover something else I can't do ???

LugwidVanB

Mark H

I merged the two screen saver threads since they go back to the same original problem. This will allow them to stay together so all the information is available in the future if a search is made.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.