• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

JOHNNY'S BACK! AND HIS FRONT! AND HIS PUPPY!

Started by Ace, January 29, 2005, 12:22 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Johnny!  Bill did the H___ word!  Gettim!  

And then you have to repeat your poast; or back to "go" and lose a turn.  Oh, and send each player $50.  Start with me.

Ace; this could become an epic poast/pyramid scheme before its over.  If we could get pizza and haikus in here it could be the Armageddon Poast.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Someone else will have to do the hycus- I can't write them or spell it.

Bill;  no peanutbutter please.  
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Bill

"Ace's typos might actually be verbos, as in verBose.
No, not Bose Wave Radio!
I din say dat."  doesn't qualify as a hycu, I think.

Nevermind the new and improved.  The front door here says "new".  What's new?   The year maybe.
New names or handles, for certain.

Leggs is spelled with 2 "g"s, just ask any of the fairer gender, BTW.

Nice to have you around, if only for a moment, even if its "gonzo".

Bill, is Ace on leave?

Ace

Gee, here's my hat what's my hurry...  

But the pizza looks good.  Maybe Thag could grab a snack instead of sleep.  

Ace; I seldom do the wave listening to radio, unless it's YMCA.
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

Marge?  Is that Margerine?  Marge Simpson?

Marg?  Any of the above?  Margharita?  Oh, yes.  It must be Pizza Margharita, since you were talking about Pizza earlier on.

Or maybe it was the island of Margarita?

Or was it the drink, Margarita?  Frozen or not?

So many possibilities....... ???
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

I could see flying across the Atlantic with Johnny as the Last Thing On Earth I'd Ever Do.  I'd have to think it would be.

I haven't traveled since the last time we crossed Ohio and I had to turn around and come back since you couldn't.

Pizza Margharita on the island of Margarita sipping a blue Margarita.  Paid for by Pat.  That would be paradise.  Now, I agree with 2x4 I mean 5x12's explanation of Margarita sex, but I can't recall ever knowing a guy named Marg.  I think the bass player in Nightwish might be named Margh...  being Finnish, and all.  Is it a "hard G" sound?  Or soft, like in Marge?  Rhyme with "Arrgh"?  

Hey; that could work; a Pirate named Marghhh...  "Aye, and here's my Parrot, Rarghhh..."  Arrgh.  

Johhny the Pirate; Banned from the Air.  Now On The Air.  Here, There, and Everywhere.  

Ace; Johnny leaves a slip stream... and a con trail. I mean that in a nice way!
Ring bells for service.

Ace

Oh, it's just us alright.
Ok. That'll help if I try to use it, in a Haiku.

And glad you're back to being yourself.  That's great.  

Ace; cool. Now I can use that 5 or 12 thing I thought up.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Small margaritas are really better.  Giant ones have too much ice and get quickly diluted before you get anywhere near the bottom.  

Speaking of diluted....
I used to know a lady that drank vodka with one ice cube. The drink would usually arrive with the glass full of ice.  She would politely ask the server to wait and fished out all the ice but one cube and literally hand them to the waiter, with a "thank you".

Bill; cold hands, warm heart.

Bill

It was the origin of ice scooping.  Generallly waiting for a fish to swim into the hole and then....
Speaking of ice, I used to know a lady.....

Bill; Mondays are loopy.

Ace

You can catch frozen fish if you go ice fishing.  Mrs. Paul is usually planted out on the lake on a stool...

Have you ever had crab legs?

Ace; did you wear long pants to hide them...?
Ring bells for service.

Bill

The jokes are supposed to be about doctors, and it's the other thread.   Not that it matters.  Jesters do what they want anyway.

I don't walk sideways, either.

Owner of a scooper.

Ace

I know he's lurking out there, watching for some sign of his disappearance.  Wondering if anyone will notice him missing.  Like someone still in the john at the service station, as the station wagon pulls away and suddenly there's more room, but no one can figure out why...

Yes. Dangit, I have Noticed Your Absence Ohio One.  And Yearn For Your Return, Oh Great Master Of The non sequiter Link And Old Photos Of Your Island Home And other People.  And Plays On Words, With Words.  And Weather Reports From That Other End of the World; that being the other side of Ohio.

I Hereby Declare Johnny Missing, and Missed.  I owe him that, since he always says something whenever I go into hiding, and so I too shall Watch Out For Him.  And His Imminent Return.  

Not Eminem return.  NOt M&M Return.  Just good old fashioned get back in there with some slam on doctors/joke return.  

Ok.  I shall light a candle, and stare forlornly out my window, waiting and watching...

Well, because Murphy got a new motorcycle.  I gotta figure he's either gonna kill himself, or dig up his yard, or lose it and nail Beverly's Cavalier, or do something stupid soon enough.  I don't want to miss it, so I'll be on the LOOKOUT.  That's one of my jobs, here.

ace; if Johnny comes back while I'm scoping out Murphy, tell him to hang tight and I'll be back eventually.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Maybe Johnny fell off the edge of Ohio.  The earth ends on the far side, doesn't it?  Maybe "fell' is wrong.  Maybe "went over" would be more accurate.  I always kinda thought he was on the edge or verge.   But, yes, we'll LOOKOUT for him and provide him comfort and meds if we see him.

These days "lighting a candle" means turning on a switch, and for that, the donation is a dollar.   Talk about a money maker - 21/2 cents worth of electricity, the dang thing is already fully depreciated- they were donated to begin with- pure profit.

Bill;  maybe I should start my own.

Ace

I guess you could fall into Pennsylvania.  Except you'd have to fall up.

Murphy, living in a Bizzarro backwards world:
Drives up on his cycle, sans helmet.  That might help explain the following.
Rolls the spreader out to the end of the driveway, carrying the bag of fertilizer.
Opens the bag and dumps the fertilizer in.  Why he didn't do that, at the garage, escapes me.  The thing has a control to make it dump, so it's not like he has to spread it down the drive while he walks...
Tosses the bag over the split rail corner fence.
Begins to walk the walk with the spreader, around the perimeter.
Comes back to the fence; grabs the bag.  Reads it.
Goes in.

I should grab a bag of the crabgrass preventative, and do that soon.  We've already greened, this past week.  Last year I did the first feeding and had to do the dandelion dump about a week later...  I'll actually have to mow it soon.  I hope the thing works.  Or the snowblower/tiller, at least.

Ace; better than shoveling.  Especially if I'm having pancakes.

Ring bells for service.

Bill

Maybe he realized he didn't understand "overlap" and went look it up.

Spreaders have gotten pretty high tech.   I had to choose between a "drop speader"and a "broadcast" variety.  Figuring I certainly wanted the neighbors to know I am taking  care of my lawn, I chose the "broadcast" version.
Just to let everyone know.  Then I had to adjust the BIOs according to the AGP aperture instructions on the dang bag.  

Choosing the right bag of stuff was another difficult choice.   Step 1 has a strong virus protection feature but inhibits "Germination".  "Step 0" enhances the color options but has no A/V protection.   Knowing that I am planning to add new features and I certainly want them to initialize, I finally selected the "Starter" stuff, which has the color enhancement features and some limited protection that can be augmented later with supplementary supporting applications. Although, I think I am beyond needing an Entry-level, simplistic choice.  I did, after all, just successfully build a new, cost-conscious, system.

Bill; maybe I should just let it "revert."

Ace

Mine's a drop.  I could see working it if it had a BIOS.  I mean, it does... it's pretty basic.  Anyone could figure it out, besides Murphy.  Input through the top, output through the bottom.  Set the cylinder gauge to the number on the bag, for your type.  Walk around with it.  Get it on your shoes.

Now, if it had a BIOS Bios, I'd go in there, play around with it, wind up having it crash.  Into my car.  

Hey; Murphy just drove in.  I'll let you know if he does anything startling.  He almost pinned himself against his house, walking around his car door.  While it was open.  

Ace; I feel like Jimmy Stewart in "Front Window."

Ring bells for service.

Bill

BTW, "fell off the edge of Ohio.  The earth ends on the far side,"  the far side for me is the California side so he wouldn't  be falling into Penn. up or down-more likely the mythical, magical abyss called Michiana - to stay on topic for a moment.

Murphy watching,  the latest craze:

http://tinyurl.com/3jdn5

Murphy's pretty shapely, for a guy!

Ordinarily, some wisecrack about having a life would surface about now, but then, I'm here, too.

Bill; where else?

Ace

Nice shot.  Good lense.  I know size doesn't matter, but that one's aight.  I've got a serious one on the SLR, but not to that massiveness.  Actually, I'm looking to get a digital with a 10x, as a more primo camera and use the A70 for just snapshots.  

Murphy is not shapely.  Not by any stretch of the imagination.  

I had to go to training in Kalamazoo today.  "I've got a gal...".  I rarely cross over the boundary into Michigan.  They're an hour ahead.  (and a few decades behind...).

Ok, honestly, I have not a darn thing to say.  I mean, nothing much occurred today, I can't think of any great take-off on Hitchcock films, and I've no stupid witty observations of life to share.  I'm tapped.  Sorry; some days you just breathe through your mouth, and go "Huhh." a lot.

Ace; huhh.  
Ring bells for service.

Bill

'S OK Daryle.   Some days are like that.  What could anyone possibly teach you in a place called Kalamazoo?  Isn't that a funky musical instrument?

Me too.

bill; even the Shift key has run out of stuff.

Ace

Ring bells for service.

Ace

I've kicked the Monarch on occasion, while spinning the wrong way in my desk chair.  

I envy anyone who can be a QuadGeek.  I can't even manage MonoGeek.  Although I did have mono, once, and I can do without a fever like that.

There sure is more to clean-up around here with Johnny back.  Sweeping 3 poasts in the morning is a lot, even for a Janitor.  I didn't even get to yell LOOKOUT!!! JOHNNY SNUCK BACK IN!!  He was just "here" and poasts sprang back to life and puppies appeared in the clutches of small boys and the dumb talked and

Hold it.  That was me, again.  Oh, and Bill changed his Avatar again but I'm too lazy to right now plus I don't have any interesting photos of anything stashed anyway that everyone isn't already sick of seeing.  I could try to take a self portrait in the mirror with a bulb, like Trav.  That could empty out the room, and make it easier to damp mop.

Ace; I wonder if they have Bali Ballet Belly Dancers.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Have you noticed a that "rn' looks alot like"m"?  Makes "darn" look like a questionably acceptable poast; or a wet one, at the very least.

QuadGeek?  Someone with 4 monitors or someone who has successfully set up 'surround sound' on the computer?   No, I guess that would be a 5.1 geek.  

I have finally found a way to tame Fido.  Garlic! No wonder he hates mirrors.

Bill; going to try a stake next time I have a problem.

Ace

I am an Advisor.

I am an Professional Advisor.

That is my profession.  I profess.  It is.

Bill and I am not "both sides of the same coin."  He is heads, and tails.  I am the Edge.   He is the Yin, and Yang.  I am the Yo.  

Yo.

See?  Told you so.  Yo.  

Ace; that's almost a Haiku.  
Ring bells for service.

Bill

http://tinyurl.com/8775l

We are only as we are.

Yo! yo.  We have our ups and downs.

And Contentious?  I am not even controversial.  I am a consultant, an opinionated consultant, at that.  It's what I do.

Bill; I hate Hykus. They never make sense.
And, I can't write them.

Ace

Well, you should write more of them, then.  Practice makes misery.

I had "consultant" on one business card, for awhile.  The place thought it would make us sound more business-like.  Teacher. Counselor.  Advisor.  Consultant.  I guess it all comes down to one core purpose:

Tell other people what to do.  

Whatever you call it, that works for me.  And I don't have to listen, if I don't want to.  Let alone do it.  I'm there for others, to tell them.  I'm a Guide.  Whom I don't have to follow.  Or heed.  'What do you think?' I ask.  'What do you want to do?'  'Here are your options; what would you like?'  

Sometimes the 'customer' will ask; "What do YOU think?"   Hmm...

What do I think...  I think lunch is soon.  If not, I'll think about why it isn't.

It's ironic.  One of life's mysteries.  "The panda, or the stick?" Yeah.

ace; that's a combination of "inane" and "moronic".
Ring bells for service.

Bill

The other question I like to use is "How does it feel to be so indecisive?"  
Closely followed by "After you make up your mind, come back and see me."

Guiding is fun, as long as you don;t take it too seriously.   Hey, it;s not your life.

If they're smart enough to be here, they oughta be able to figure it out.

Bill; "Excuse me, our 2 1/2  minute hour is up.  Time for lunch."