• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Power supply wires are angering me

Started by the sheeep, February 06, 2004, 16:37 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

the sheeep

there just so dang ugly lol...

i kinda wanna cover them up or wrap them but what should i use?

or should i just get uv paint to handle them

would these work?

http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/sleeving-flexo-chrome-sleeving.html

and then i'd need these to finish them off right?

http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/shrink25x.html

about how much am i going to need of the heat shrink and wires if thats the right stuff?
www.2-a-d.com
...if only parents trusted kids with technology...

Chandler

I just use cable ties to keep stuff neat and tidy (although the cables in the photos of my Quantex system look a mess, I've tied them up since then ;))

Mark H

Try looking at Directron for some cable management items like cable sleeving kits. Here is a link to their cable management page.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Rick G

Use round pre made cables in color of your choice and lots of cable ties for non round cables.  Tuck all non round cables in emprt drive bays,behind mobo above psu and behind drive bays, should all but a few hidden.
MSI 865PE-NEO@-LS
P4  2.4c @ 3.01
Geil Ultra Platinium 2 x 256 PC3500
MSI FX5700-vtd128
Maxtor HDD 60 gig
Lite on cd
Asus cd/rw
Ultra 500 watt psu
Cheiftec Dragon alum case w/custom side window
led fans (7)
Cold cayhode.
Interior of alum case polished to mirror finish

trav

Quote from: Chandler on February 06, 2004, 16:43 hrs
I just use cable ties to keep stuff neat and tidy (although the cables in the photos of my Quantex system look a mess, I've tied them up since then ;))

Cable Ties? What and where do you get those?
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Mark H

You can get cable ties just about anywhere. They are just something like a trash bag tie to tie back cables . You can get colored ones or just plain ones. The goal is to have them out of site anyway, but if they are to be seen then I would go with good colored ties specific for this purpose.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Chandler

I prefer either black or clear ones.  One to tie the various cables together and then another one to fasten them back out of the way.  The only problem is that you can't re-use them, but they're so cheap that it doesn't really matter.

The only problem I find is that the ones that most hardware stores sell are the large type, suitable for the garden.  You really want the small ones.

the sheeep

they also make neon ones :D

i think im gonna go ahead with the metal looking sleeving...
www.2-a-d.com

Chandler

The metal sleeving looks nice.

I went to get some cable ties for my PC, since I had to cut some to get my DVD writer in.  I was suprised by how cheap they were: 100No. Thin Clear for 79p, or 100No. Tin Black for 59p.  The ones that are already in there are clear so I went for the clear, and 20p difference isn't a huge deal.  So they cost me less than a penny each!  They also sold packs of multi-coloured ones, but being the boring beige PC person that I am, I went for a more mundane colour.

Now, the next job is to arrange the cables neatly...

the sheeep

i decided to go with this cheap grean uv cable wrap thats about $1 a foot... 12 bucks to do my whole case... not bad eh?
www.2-a-d.com