• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

ESET & Online Armor

Started by scuzzy, December 07, 2007, 13:47 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Scot's Newsletter Blog has been researching firewalls for the last couple issues or so. The latest round has it down to two choices: Online Armor (free version) and Comodo 3.

I unloaded ESET Security Suite from my computers and went with ESET NOD32 3.0 Antivirus and Online Armor. I've been using ESET's 3.0 antivirus solution for a few months now, and I'm very pleased with it. I truly enjoy that it quietly does its job, and does so very well.

Online Armor was easy to install, with no unpleasant surprises. The installation wizard is also a breeze. Online Armor behaves similar to Zone Alarm, in that you get a lot of initial pop-ups asking if it's okay for whatever program to do whatever. Like Zone Alarm, it's simple enough to train and seems to remember your choices just fine. I like that it does NOT take up half of my hard drive to install, as well half of my system resources. It reminds me of what Zone Alarm used to be before it became bloat ware.

Online Armor has some paid options available, but I'm very satisfied with the free version. It's a great compliment to ESET NOD 32.

I still may try Comodo 3 on one of my other systems, just to take it for a spin. I had given up on Comodo 2.4, after it's inability to remember my preferences on any of my systems. Supposedly, version 3 has that corrected.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor