• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

TV Capture Card problems

Started by yokosi, May 11, 2004, 17:48 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

yokosi

Hi all, I received my capture card and im having difficulties with this thing.  I should have listened to Chandler on the card he suggested but I wen't with another one (main reason was b/c I wanted a remote and a brand new card for a decent price)

I picked up this card

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4130140814

To start things off the drivers doesen't support Windows Logo Testing or something and suggested me to quit the install b/c it may harm my computer down the road or something but I want this thing installed, I used the cd that came with it so I continued and it installed fine.  I then installed the software fine and all afterwards.

So the first time I started and the closed the program, it  restarted my computer
Now it starts and all and it gives me the fuzzy screen which is normal b/c nothing is hooked up but when I close the program I can still hear the fuzzy sound. No applications are running or anything, it just stays on unless I disconnect the cable for the speakers or shut the volume off from windows.
Anyone have any ideas why it's doing this?

Another problem is my remote doesen't work. Is there a special way to hook it up or something? I connected the little receiver thing and put new batteries and nothing.

Also I tried hooking up my PS1 to the card via RF cable.
The RF cable is set to channel 3. I put it on channel 3 and nothing shows up. It used to give me the fuzzy screen but now it's just black.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there other programs that run with this card and if so what are they so I can try them out?

Thanks for any advice or feedback

p.s I can't return it b/c it will cost more to ship it back than the refunded amount so I might as well keep it
Asus A7NX-X motherboard, AMD Athlon XP 2800 processor, 1 GB MB Ram, Nvidia Geforce 4 MX420 Vid card and crappy sound card

Nestor

Sounds like driver issues, to me. I'd recommend a full uninstall of the card and drivers in question, followed by a reinstall.

I'm unsure what Windows logo testing is. Can you be more specific in the error messages you got?
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM

Chandler

What brand is that card?

Usually you have to install a little program which launches at Windows startup for the remote control to work.  This is true for the TV cards with remote controls I've tried.

Some things to check.  Are you using the correct TV standard (PAL-I for UK, NTSC for USA, SECAM for France, PAL-B/G for Germany etc).  Are you using the correct channel frequencies (Australia use VHF and UHF, the UK only uses UHF).  Some cards have separate channel scans for Cable frequencies and Terrestrial frequencies.

If the card uses the BT878/879 (may be labelled Conexant 878) then there are alternatives to the supplied drivers, but the remote probably won't work.  Look here:
http://btwincap.sourceforge.net

DScaler is another good alternative and it uses its own driver to access the hardware directly.

yokosi

I uninstalled the drivers and software and reinstalled them all.
Anyway this is the error I got...hope it's viewable

Picture

or try

Picture

Anyhow, I hooked up the PS1 with an RF to the cable TV port and it gave an error the first time stating "Overlay is not available.  Lower the resolution, color depth and or refresh rate"

So I did that and it actually worked fine and the audio was fine but weirdly on the RF it was set to Channel 3 and on the tv tuner it didn't work on 3, it worked on 4.
This worked after I changed my resolution to 640 X 480 from 1024 X 768.
So I tried setting it back to 1024 X 768 and ran it and nothing, it just gave a black screen.  So I changed it back to 640 X 480 and it still wasn't working anymore.  BUT the audio was working fine.

I rebooted the machine and now nothing works at all, black screen and no audio (just the fuzzy sounds which never stops unless u reboot or turn off the audio)

All in all I never changed any settings fromt he beginning to the end.

Information:
The name I believe it Easy TV Capture
ver 1.1 2003-4-20
0422AX2H
(that's all I found on the card)

The software application is Inervideo WinDVR

The drivers are listed as:
Shen Zhen Forward Proteus (7130) WDM Video Capture
Shen Zhen Forward WDM Tuner

Settings:

Source: TV
Standard: NTSC_M (im in Canada)
input: cable
AudioMode: Auto Detection

p.s chandler, are those links for drivers only? not sure which one I should download that is correct.

Thanks for all the feedback

Edit, Fixed links, pat
Asus A7NX-X motherboard, AMD Athlon XP 2800 processor, 1 GB MB Ram, Nvidia Geforce 4 MX420 Vid card and crappy sound card