• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

ibm

Started by Dale, April 10, 2003, 09:15 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

hello,
i am attempting to work on a ibm thinkpad type 2621 laptop. i have not done much work on laptops, so this is a different ballgame. could someone tell me how that i get the hard drive out of this thing, or know where i could find somewhere online that would show me? i tried ibm website, and all i could come up with on there was the parts lists and location, but that does not really answer my question on getting to it to get it out. thanks for any help in advance and have a great day
god bless and have a warm and happy holiday

query

The hard drive is usually either in a slide-in carrier or under a trapdoor at the bottom of the laptop.

If it isn't, chances are good more advanced disassembly is needed - usually removing screws from the lower part of the case, then the upper cover and/or keyboard.

portablecomputer.com

I think on this model it is on the left, held in by one screw on the bottom.
Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

================================

Dale

thanks guys for the help. this thing is really contrary. even after looking at the manual for it, i still can not figure out how to get into it. if anyone else has any experiance with getting into one of these things, please let me know. thanks again. DALE

query

According to IBM's diagram, there's a hatch in the center of the front edge of the machine.  Remove two screws, the hatch slides down and away from the unit, and the drive is then exposed.  There should be a pull tab  under the drive - slide it straight out of the machine.

IBM has comprensive disassembly instructions on its website (look up the ThinkPad 1500 series).

Dale

hey guys,
i got everything worked out, thanks to you. thanks again for everything. DALE