• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Cant get shell off this crab !!!

Started by foruman, July 16, 2002, 05:07 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

foruman

I have an Acer Extensa 500t which is pasword locked re the bios, hence I can't enable the usb port for a camera. Crack progs don't work - I have tried a few - they successfully confuse the checksum, reboot, asks if want to go to setup - press f2 - I do, and straight to password again!! :-(
I am trying to get the cover off to flatten bios - electrically - not yet hammer :-> , and can't.
How do I undress it please? and any other suggestions welcome !!

John

foruman, welcome to the New Poasters Forums.  I don't have a Acer notebook so I can't help you remove the cover but.  I did find these two sites which deal with your problem.  Read them carefully first.  

Cgsecurity

Pwcrack

Cogito Ergo Sum

dcsun

I also don't have experience with that brand, but I can offer this general advice:  There are often screws hidden under stickers or rubber feet on the bottom of the laptop that need to be removed before the unit can be opened.  Taking a laptop apart is no small task, so make sure you know what you're doing first and take your time.

David

Chandler

On some laptops (especially Uniwill based), you have to remove the keyboard first.  Then, there will probably be a metal shield.  The motherboard will be under this (giving access to the BIOS and memory).  The keyboard can be removed by pressing in some little clips at the front of the keyboard.

One thing to remember is to remove the battery before taking any laptop apart.