• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Value of Life

Started by scuzzy, November 30, 2000, 15:07 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

A storeowner was tacking a sign above his door that read 'Puppies for Sale.'  These signs had a way of attracting children, and sure enough a little boy appeared at the sign.

"How much are you gonna sell those puppies for?" he asked.

The storeowner replied, "Anywhere from $30-$50."

The little boy reached into his pocket and pulled out some change.  "I have $2.37, can I have a look at them?"

The storeowner smiled and whistled, and out of the kennel came Lady, who ran down the aisle of the store followed by five teeny, tiny balls of fur.  One puppy was lagging considerably behind.  Immediately the little boy singled out the limping puppy and asked,  "What's wrong with that little dog?"

The man explained that when the puppy was born, the vet had said that it had no hip socket and would limp for the rest of its life.  The little boy got real excited and said, "That's the puppy I wanna buy!"

The man replied, "No, you don't want to pay for that little dog.  If you really want him, I'll give him to you."

The little boy got quite upset.  He looked straight into the man's eyes, pointing his finger and said, "I don't want you to give him to me.  He is worth every bit as much as the other dogs and I'll pay the full price.  In fact, I'll give you $2.37 now and 50 cents every week until I have him paid for."

The man countered, "You really don't want to buy this puppy.  He is never gonna be able to run, jump and play like other puppies!"

To this the little boy reached down and rolled up his pant leg to reveal a badly twisted, crippled left leg supported by a big metal brace.  He looked up at the man and said, "Well, I don't run so well myself, and the little puppy will need someone who understands."
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor