• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

rid of window

Started by ahopeter, June 05, 2004, 16:03 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ahopeter

i just started using the "post it notes" feature from the download section of this forum.  i love it, but the only thing that bothers me is that on the bottom of the screen, the blue section next to start(sorry dont know the proper name) there is a window open that says post it notes.  it looks just like the rectangle when a explorer window is open. is there anyway to get rid of it?
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

Neon

That area is called the "quick launch toolbar". It is used to launch programs with one click. To get rid of it, right click and select delete from the context menu.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

ahopeter

sorry Neon... thats not what im talking about...its the same rectangle that opens when you open up internet explorer.
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

Chandler

My guess is that post-it notes creates a toolbar

To remove this:
1) Right click on a blank space of the taskbar at the bottom (where the window buttons appear) and untick Lock the Taskbar
2) Go just to the left of the post-it notes toolbar (there should be some vertical dots).  Right click on these dots and select Close Toolbar
3) Go back to the blank space and re-lock the taskbar (reverse of step 1)

trav

I think hes refering to the button on the bar, like this one:

In that case, just right-click and close
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

ahopeter

Quote from: Chandler on June 06, 2004, 03:57 hrs
My guess is that post-it notes creates a toolbar

To remove this:
1) Right click on a blank space of the taskbar at the bottom (where the window buttons appear) and untick Lock the Taskbar
2) Go just to the left of the post-it notes toolbar (there should be some vertical dots).  Right click on these dots and select Close Toolbar
3) Go back to the blank space and re-lock the taskbar (reverse of step 1)
i tried that, but clicking on the dots only allows it to be slid to the left or right.... actually Travis is talking about what im trying to get rid of.

ahopeter

Quote from: Travis. on June 06, 2004, 11:19 hrs
I think hes refering to the button on the bar, like this one:

In that case, just right-click and close
thats exactly what im talking about Travis...any ideas how to get rid of it?

Chandler

In that case, no, if a program is running with a window then it will create a taskbar button.

ahopeter

oh, okay, thanks Chandler!

trav

Unless you close it, mabye theres an option like "pop this window up when windows starts" and mabye you have something like that checked? are you sure you cant right click it and close it?
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

ahopeter

Travis, i can close it, but then the notes i keep with the program disappear.  looks like i just have to keep the box. ::)

Mark H

If it annoys you that much, have you given thought to hiding your task bar? You can hide it from view and it will show if you move your mouse to the bottom of the screen.

To hide the entire task bar, right click "start", click "properties", click the "task bar" tab and then check the box beside "auto-hide the taskbar."
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

ahopeter

thanks Mark H., i just did like you said...NICE!!! thanks