• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

"page cannot be displayed"

Started by pointman1, October 11, 2004, 00:01 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pointman1

Whizbang

Spyware Blaster and SpyBot also have blocking capability if a site is known to be infected with trojans or is a known distributer of spyware.

pointman1

Quote from: Whizbang on October 17, 2004, 19:04 hrs
Spyware Blaster and SpyBot also have blocking capability if a site is known to be infected with trojans or is a known distributer of spyware.
really?! i ll check those out..thanks

Buffalo2102

Do you use a proxy server, or does your ISP use transparent proxies?  I know that NTL in the UK use transparent proxy servers and their customers have difficulty with some sites.  Forcing the browser to use a different proxy usually cures he problems.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

pointman1

Quote from: Buffalo2102 on October 18, 2004, 12:17 hrs
Do you use a proxy server, or does your ISP use transparent proxies?  I know that NTL in the UK use transparent proxy servers and their customers have difficulty with some sites.  Forcing the browser to use a different proxy usually cures he problems.
i am not sure... i am really bad with computers (as you can see).  i have verizon dsl... going to my desktop, and a linksys router going wireless to my laptop.