• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

New Liteon EZ DUB

Started by Pete, August 15, 2008, 20:19 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Anyone used this new item yet...the brand new Liteonit EZ Dub ext drive? I
nsert CD to be copied ,press DUB then drawer opens when complete ,remove orig CD and insert a new blank and presto the original is copied...per the literature.

I just purchased one and it came with a BONUS(??) software Nero Essentials and I can find no way to install  onlly EZDUB as each time a little box pops up saying "Install Nero First", And in the instruction manual there is absolutely no mention of any Nero, etc.and the only words EZDUB are printed  on the  front  cover but nothlg re EZDUB inside

The short starta up sheet mentions how to setup and Dub, etc but there also not one word about any  Nero . Looks like they are trying to force Nero essentials on  the purchaser..
First time I have ever seen  a bonus software  but you do not have the choice of not installing it.

Sent email to Tech Support but no reply so far.

In case anyone has experience with this, is there any way to by pass the " Bonus Install nero first"??

Thanks in advance

Pete

Mfr: Dell
Model: XPS Gen4
Type: Desktop
CPU: Pent 4
Installed RAM: 1gb
Disk Drives: C,D.E.F, Floppy Optional Info: CDRW;DVD;500GB Seagate external HD; extrnal 100MB Iomega.
Sonic Burn software

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pete

Pete

Maybe I'd best clarify and add to my question::

The CD contains software for EZDUB and Nero Essentials.

I put the CD in and select EZDUB and the little box pops up "Please install Nero,etc etc first"
Close that box and you exit the entire installation and there is no repeat no way to select and install EZDUB softwasre without
getting the "Please ...Nero first.

This is my first time ever where you cannot select the installation ware you want without the extra bonus software installation being mandatory...

And for your info the bonus Nero is for only a 30 Day trial.

How does that grab you?
Pete

Pete

No need foir any reply

This EZ Dub Disk duplicator sounds great except  to use it you MUST install the BONUS, repeat BONUS softwear NERO Essentials.

I you happen to have Roxio or some other  recordling software you are .... out of luck  as  only  the BONUS  software  enables the EZ DUB to work.

Naturaly returned it  for a refund... So NEXTEGG gave me a return  RMA numbear and would you believe that they immediately charged my credit card for the return postage...I am now waiting a refund of that premature charge.

Pete