• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by scuzzy, December 01, 2000, 07:33 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Basically, it's how the monitor blows its nose.

The term "degauss" originates from the word "gauss" (a unit of magnetic intensity) which was named after Karl F. Gauss (1777-1855), who is widely considered the world's greatest mathematician.

When the monitor degausses, it gets rid of unwanted magnetism which affects the quality of the display. It's a good idea to degauss the monitor periodically, although some monitors will auto-degauss everytime you power them up.

Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Bubba

What is Degaussing,, and how do I know when and if to Deaguss. There is a degaussing button I can select on my Mag monitor,,   I have hit it in the past [ can't keep my hands off stuff, ya' know ] and it "clicks"  shakes the screen,, then settles back to normal. What is all that ?

Like Grandpa used to say, "maybe there ain't nothin' wrong, but, somethin' aint' right."