• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

tv as monitor

Started by ahopeter, June 08, 2004, 19:25 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ahopeter

is there an adapter that allows your tv to be used as a monitor? or for the tv to show the same thing my monitor shows? i thought there was a connector but not sure.

thanks
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

Whizbang

Yes, but it costs almost as much as a video card with TV out.

http://store.grandtec.com/pctotvcon.html

Mark H

Unless you have a High Definition Television (HDTV), you will have a lousy picture, because televisions don't have anywhere near the resolution of a PC monitor.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

ahopeter

thanks again gentlemen.

i could have sworn my laptop came with some adapter to use for the tv... hmmm, i guess it has some other function.
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

sentofuno

it may have s-video out, and it will connect to a tv yes but it will look terrible if you try to use it as a replacement monitor. but i watch films like that all the time, if you play something in window media player or divx make the playback fullscreen and i find it often better than watching it on my monitor.

ahopeter

ahh... very good idea... thanks.