• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

NEC MultiSync LCD1700M

Started by John, May 28, 2002, 19:57 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

I've now had a few days to adjust to this LCD1700M+ monitor, and my only regret is that everyone can't have one. The true 17" display, set at 1280x1024, is near flawless. Although it has a little motion blur, it is barely noticeable, and much better than on any other LCD screen I've seen. In fact, unless you're looking for it, you'll never notice it.

Brightness and contrast are superb, and the color detail is near perfect. It's hard to find any faults with this monitor. Even the menu system is easy to comprehend and use. The auto adjust button makes painful adjustments a thing of the past. Two button presses, and the monitor is automatically adjusted.

If I have to complain, then I'll complain about the built-in speakers. They sound like a pair of tinny transistor radios, as can be expected from micro-speakers. I use them mostly for the operating system's built-in sound effects, and I crank up my IBM speaker system whenever I want decent sound. (A simple Y adapter purchased from Radio Shack allows the use of the monitor's speakers as well as the IBM speaker system.)

My only other complaint is having to use my CRT monitor at work after using the LCD at home. The Samsung CRT looks horrible compared to this NEC. I don't understand why NEC can't throw in a spare LCD monitor to replace the one at work, too.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

scuzzy

Yep, you guessed it. I splurged on a 17" NEC flat panel. Hooking it up was way too easy, and it looks perfect without having to anything other than pressing the "Auto" button.

Folks, there is no going back. This LCD is much better than I expected, and I feel like a little boy with a new toy. As time rolls along, I'll give you a short review on this bright, beautiful monitor.

For those who care, the native resolution is 1280x1024 @ 60Hz. It is true edge to edge, and not a single bad pixel anywhere to be seen. Not bad, considering this thing has over 1.3 million pixels. Oh, I bought it at Circuit City, splurged on a 4 year warranty, and got a $50 rebate to boot.

DISCUSS HERE
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor