• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

EXCERPTS FROM KERRY'S CONCESSION SPEECH

Started by Ace, November 06, 2004, 08:50 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

I believe I'll have Vienna Sausage with pickle and onions, nachos, and a large Coke."

(concession stand.. get it?  Ok, never mind)

I actually voted for President Bush before I voted against him

I've seen the President photographed on one of those fast boats too, you know.

I feel particular empathy for the people of Iowa.  Mostly because they have to live in Iowa.

I would think we could have waited for the Ohio votes to be counted, but apparently there was a vocal minority here in the states as well as in Great Britain clamoring for an early concession.  Apparently they wanted the whole thing over with before Wheel of Fortune came on Wednesday.

My staff assures me that the Ohio vote would not significantly have changed the results, due to the fact that it would take longer to canvass Ohio for all ballots than it would to count the grains of sand on every beach.  Twice.  Geez Louise, they oughta just call Ohio the "Continent between Indiana and Pennsylvania".

Ohio is the only state that requires air travel to play in-state rivals.  And even then they have a lay-over.

Where the heck is Cheney, anyway?  Anyone seen him?

Yassar Arafat is hovering between life, and death.  Most of the rest of us are stumbling around between birth and death.

I was really shocked when I first saw him arriving at the hospital... I thought "Geez Louise, what's wrong with Ringo and why's he going to a hospital in Paris..?"

They think he might be brain dead, so I'm wondering "How can you tell...?"  The Israelis offered to bury him, but his supporters asked that they hold off until he's actually dead.

I know there are some out there who hoped for a short concession speech... Criminy, I'm a senator, ok?  That'd be like asking a Jester to show some restraint while keyboarding.  Or a fat-pantsed squirrel to stick to just two peanuts for breakfast.

No, I didn't eat the dang goose yet.  I know mine's cooked, but I didn't shoot the thing to eat it.  It's a photo op, okay?  Anyway, it was Canadian, so no great loss.  Probably would have to have a Molson's with it, eh?  Heh.

All in all, I'm ok with not winning the election... I think after the mess the President's made of things here and abroad, he deserves to be the one to clean it up.  And I've still got a job to go back to, although it's tiring to talk that much every stinking day.  Plus, my wife's rich.  She's a bit batty, but heck, she's rich.  I know after some of her comments people probably wondered "What the heck.. is she brain dead, or what?"  And, you know, how can you...?"

Ace; I think I just saw the first political ad for 2008

Ring bells for service.

pat

How can you, what?
I think I missed that part.

Nice reiteration though.
Thanks for that.  ::)
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

Oh, great. Another tale left unfinished by Ace.

How can you... do brain surgery?

How can you... tell the difference between Ace and Scuzzy?

How can you... build the world a home, and furnish it with love?
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

I'll never

TELL

Ace; subtlety is lost on the literal.  Illiteral.
Ring bells for service.

trav

How can you have a poast about building a computer without actualy building it??

Ohh...its posible, trust me  ::)  :P
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Buffalo2102

I heard on the radio that Yasser Arafat is in Acoma just outside of Paris.  I've never heard of it and I can't find it on the map......

Trav.  That Briteny Spears doesn't sound too brite to me.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

scuzzy

Actually, I believe Yessir Arab Fat is in a comma,,,,,,,,,,,,,, somewhere near Bubba's house. But I can't find it on the map, either.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

pat

Yikes, Ace.
You don?t have to shout.

I hit my head on the back of my chair.
I did, really.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Cool. Take a picture.

Ace; I think a margarita would numb the pain.
Ring bells for service.