• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

blue error screen

Started by sebass, December 22, 2005, 18:15 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

sebass

hey guys, i was surfing the net the other day when my computer crashed, when I started it up i got the blue error screen. Its telling me that the " \??\c:\WINNT\system32\drivers\:386p.sys device driver could not be loaded" Loads fine in safe mode. Running Windows ME. I was wondering if i can fix the problem by running the OS system CD and repair it if possible without losing any data. If there is something else i can do please let me know. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Sebastian

Whizbang

Since you were surfing, a virus is the first likely culprit.  Can your antivirus be loaded in Safe Mode?  Other alternative is to run a scan from another OS-loaded drive with your problem drive as a slave.

sebass

tried to clean it in safe mode, same problem remains. I also tried to use "repair" off of OS CD, still no luck.  Am i able to download the missing file and then some how load it up in safe mode on the disfunctional computer?

Whizbang

No idea.  A corrupted file for no apparent reason is very unusual.  Any way you can connect the drive as a slave to a working OS to run a virus scan and spyware check?