• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

XP Pro with dual monitors

Started by RD10583, July 25, 2002, 08:52 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

RD10583

Hi all, I just set up a dual boot win 2000 and XP Pro. I have two monitores(Matrox 450 video card)
I use it for Video editing (Avid dv 3.5) and graphic work(Photoshop 7).

When I launch XP it opens across both monitors but unlike win 2000 the task bar(start menu)
is only on one monitor. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal except when I launch my Avid program
the second window doesn't come all the way down. It thinks the task bar is there and I have to resize
it every launch which is a pain. I tried to drag the task bar over to extend across both windows
but it will only snap over to the other monitor. It wont cover both. Is there a way to get the
task bar across both monitors like it does in win2000? I did download new drivers(XP) for the Matrox
450 card.   thanks rd

Chandler

A couple of things.  Firstly, ensure that the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" checkbox is checked.  This probably will not help though.

It might be possible to resize the taskbar using the keyboard.  Click on the start button, and then press ALT-SPACE.  Select Size and then use the cursor keys to resize the taskbar.