• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

WVC54GCA Wireless-G

Started by seriousdamage, March 24, 2009, 09:50 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

seriousdamage

Hi,
I have just bought a Linksys network camera, I have done the setup and it works fine from within my network,
but I am unable to see it via a browser outside of the network, for example when I am at work.

I was told to go to www.myip.nl and get the IP address and then put it in a browser,
this should give me the cam interface and ask me to enter a password which I have previously created while setting up the cam.

But when I enter the ip in a browser, the browser diverts me to a goole search.

do you know why?

Many Thanks for any help
Nic
ASUS A7N8X-X-LAN/nForce2/socket A    Athlon XP 2800+/2.08 GHz (FSB : 333 MHz )
OEM - 512MB DDR-RAM/400 PC3200
80GB 7200RPM HD     20GB 7200RPM HD   
ATI Radeon 9200 AGP(8x) 256MB DVI/TV-out
LiteOn - LDW-812S DVD 8x+/- writer retail  MITSUMI-485GTE 54/32/54

Buffalo2102

You will need to provide us with more details about your home network, whether you use a router, modem, and whether you have a static or dynamic IP address from your ISP.

The IP address provided by your ISP is a public address and can be accessed from anywhere on the internet.  The IP address you have given the camera is likely a private address 10.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x.  Therefore, you need to set up some routing so that the router translates the public address to the private address.  This usually means creating a DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name Service) account (some are free) and assigning a unique name to your camera.  You then enable DMZ on your router which enables you to "tunnel" through the router to the camera.

Buff.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.