• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

PCMCIA Compact Flash Adapter size limit?

Started by andypress, August 24, 2004, 10:10 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

andypress

I bought a Pcmcia compact flash adapter a few months ago, with the intentions of using it to transfer files from my digi cam to our laptop.  The laptop is a few month old Fujitsu with a single pcmica card slot.  THe adapter will work with my 32mb and 80mb cards, but not with my 512mb viking card.  
"Nick Burns, the company' s computer guy. He'll fix your computer, then he's gonna make fun of you, Cause he's Nick Burns, your company's computer guy!

pat

What?s the make and model of the adapter?
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

iansl

Must be some file system limit or something  :-\.
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

andypress

It's an epson ecfa-adp.  The adapter shouldnt matter itself, its basically just converting the pins mechanically.  I think there's a limit somehow, as my old digi cam wouldnt recognize it, but new ones will.
"Nick Burns, the company' s computer guy. He'll fix your computer, then he's gonna make fun of you, Cause he's Nick Burns, your company's computer guy!