• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

WHEN MODERATORS GO MAD

Started by Ace, July 11, 2004, 11:29 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

These things only have a shelf life of a week or so, and the last one passed its sell-by date.

*4400 people who mysteriously disappeared dissappeared dissapeared criminy I hate that word left suddenly return.  Well, on tv anyway.  At the same time, Poaster Coart Jester "Ace" is startled to see the name of a long-lost poaster appear in the user tally...  More amazing stories to follow.

*Ace, in a semi-coherent state brought on by an influx of red meat and red wine mistakenly directs neighbor Pat NE from Martin's parking lot to ND instead of SE to his house.  One wonders if Pat got to campus and wondered aloud "criminy, Ace has a big house."  

*It's not that big.

*And another thing; where the heck do they find the bun for a 6 lb. hamburger, anyway?  And a hamburger dill that's 11" across?

*ThatGuy/Nestorath/Thag/Shaun poasts a heartfelt and touching ode to his true love and plans to not sleep through summer which yours truly accidentally killed off immediately, instead of waiting my usual 24 hours.  Sorry.  I hope Jaime and Edith forgive me.

*I've got to remember not to say Scuzzy three times, since last time I mentioned Scuzzy he wound up appearing after summoning him.  Which happens if you say "Scuzzy" three times, like candyman candyman cand uh uh, I'm not going to fall for that one again.  That's too creepy.

*Maria Sharapova is the new Anna Kournikova except: she's taller. Younger. Actually has won a tournament, let alone a major.  Even so, she's hold it hold on just a dang minute... how many times was that?  

*oh, for cryin' out loud...

*"Uncle Ace" took his neices nieces those girls to the zoo last week.  The new fruit bats are enormous.  Really.  The black bear had a bad hair day, modeling a comb-over.  People hooted at the chimps... you gotta wonder who's on which side, sometimes.  The alligator looked dead; we offered to dangle the youngest over to test but she suggested we use her sister instead.  Since her legs are longer we agreed.  There were 2 red pandas out.  One, apparently, stuck up in a pine tree and the other getting lost in the doorway of his box.  If you crossed a raccoon with a trash bag, you'd get a red panda.    At least a trash bag would hold something worthwhile.

The Potawatami Zoo Pond was drained, and resembled a wasteland (no, not Elliott).  The Potawatamis were a tribe that resided in our area of Michiana, until they graciously gave it over to the newcomers and set out on a deathmarch.  Good naturedly, I'm sure.  Ace's old schools border Potawatami park, which brought back memories that he can't remember.

*I don't know if that's how you spell Potawatami or not. I'm not going to look it up, and you're welcome to take a shot at it yourself.  Dangit.

Ace; carbon lifeforms like to cook out a lot.

Ring bells for service.

Bill

The 4400 seem to be endowed with psycho-kenetic or is that psyche-kenetic-  or meta-physical - probably not much difference- powers.  Ace was lost but now he can't remember.   Us  luddites don't cotton to people that do strange things, even if they can control them.

Hamburger buns for 6lb. hamburgers are usually on special at Paul Bunyan's Bakery. Thats  in Michiana isn't it?

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Bill

Between aliens and 3x summoning magic fading, looks like another poast has been killed before it had much of a life.

Good work. At least the Power Vest is  still working.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Yes.  Way to go.
Yeah. Way to go.

Ok, then.  It takes more than putting your finger in your... uh... light socket to kill a poast.  In other news:

CHATROOM MODERATORS GO BERSERK as Chandler attempts to push the window of decency as well as bad taste ("Tastes bad.  More filling.") and apparent boredom by poasting anatomical references to someone's wandering finger who started in their email but wound up quite somewhere else.  Its sudden disappearance elicited questions followed by smiley emoticons, which is never a good sign.  Mark Handy also chose to drum up ghosts of the past by quoting banned ex-poasters' most redundant, banal and infantile insults, for some unknown reason.  Something in the water this week..?   Who nose.  I mean, knows.

Pig Lady seeks to lure Tarzan's tiger out by offering her Pet Pig, of which she apparently is grooming for Dinner.  She is cited for animal cruelty after transporting it in the trunk of her Caddy on a hot day (ham?) although she insists it was air conditioned.  Not like she cares, though.  She suggested the police yank the back legs or pull its ears to make it squeal and lure the tiger.  Shoulda pulled her back legs...

Tarzan's 600 lb. escaped "pet" is put down by a shotgun blast by a startled officer after it lunges at him... Tarzan says it "only looked threatening" but it was really a big ***** cat.  (See "Roy the Chew Toy").  Apparently, it shouldn't have, then.  Like any cat cares what it looks like.

Locally, a pack of pit bulls were found starving in an abandoned home.  They were saved, and nursed back to health.  Begging the question "Why?"

In local news, poasters wonder if The Jester's sudden disappearance is somehow linked with the vacating the premises by ThatGuy.  No.  It was not.  Nor trav, wherever he's wandered off to, either.  At least there's someone around to poast simple thoughts with too many smileys, in his absence.

Ace; I'm thinking Geddy and Edith are out doin' the town, and looped Trav into being the designated driver...

Ring bells for service.

Bill

So that would leave Clint, Pig Lady and Tarzan  as unaccounted for with the Pit Bulls to clean up the mess from the Tiger?  

Police really do strange things sometimes.

trav

Quote from: Ace on July 15, 2004, 14:04 hrs

In local news, poasters wonder if The Jester's sudden disappearance is somehow linked with the vacating the premises by ThatGuy.  No.  It was not.  Nor trav, wherever he's wandered off to, either.  At least there's someone around to poast simple thoughts with too many smileys, in his absence.[/i]  

Ace; I'm thinking Geddy and Edith are out doin' the town, and looped Trav into being the designated driver...

I bring luaghter, i bring music, i bring joy annd, i bring tears , ill assume your primal fears
- Rush - Hemispheres -  Part III - Apollo/Dionysus.

:)

Well, Ace has gone mad again, too, changing the topic title
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

iansl

Looks up at the subject lines of this poast

Yeah, there looks to be some sort of difference going on here, but it seems that only Trav and Ace caught on, or rather Ace caught onto this new thing and Trav caught on to Ace.

He's still holding on for dear life...
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

Ace

Nobody catches on to me.  Including me.

I'm actually poasting from home, although my ISP still isn't entirely recognizing my account's existence.  I spent the greater part of an hour yesterday talking to Indians from customer service, and then tech support.  

No, not from Indiana.  Don't you just love outsourcing of jobs.

The first two assured me my password was my password, and that it would work with my address.  Even though every attempt wouldn't work.  First, it says my password isn't recognized.  Then, it asks if I'd like to change it.  Then, it says the password reset is disabled on my account, and to contact them by phone.  I did get it to go by going to the regular program icon and not the normal dialup ones, but had to use the normal to view the homepage and take off. Criminy.  I know not to talk to them, so will email them instead...

After having the computer disabled for a week, I can't think of anything funny to say.  Except that I was able to fix it with the Windows repair.  Who'd a thunk that was possible.

Ace; I boxed up the stupid upcurled shoes and jingly dink hat, so I guess I better get them out again...

Ring bells for service.

pat

They sting.

Yeow, I got it good this morning. Minding my own business just clearing out some brush so I could set a ladder up and bam, bam, bam.
I found out I can still move pretty dang fast when I'm pressed into action. I was 30 feet away from there in the blink of an eye.
Oh well, they?re history now.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

I wish I could have been there to help.  I can wield a can of Raid wasp & hornet in each hand.  

Ace = Chemical Boy
Ring bells for service.

pat

I would have been right behind you on that one.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Mark H

I remember a friend and I getting chased out of a large bush we playing under by a bunch of yellow jackets. That was years ago, but I still remember. They do pack a punch.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

iansl

Or you could use WD 40 or diesel (deisel? I think not, but maybe) fuel on those guys.
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone