• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Is Ear Wax the Problem?

Started by Whizbang, March 12, 2004, 19:32 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

I am continually amazed by the way people who need to listen, apparently never do.  I once went to a McDonald's for a disgracefully cholesterol-laden burger and the counter help was out in na-na land.  I said, "I'll take a quarter-pounder meal with a medium Coke."
    "Yes sir," she said, "What would you like?"  
     "Uh," I said in disbelief, "I want a quarter-pounder meal with a medium Coke."
     "OK, Sir," she said, "And what would you like to drink?"

(sigh)  Oh, well.

I just finished a long grueling ordeal with a wireless keyboard RMA problem.  I will not type the name because I do respect the companies products (Mickey "D's" too, but they are big enough to take it), and I know that this can be picked up anywhere on the Internet.  I emailed the company about the problem in detail, naming my operating systems, exactly what I had done to isolate the problem, and all of the symptoms.  I received an email telling me to do the very things that I had just said that I had done.  

After several failed email contacts and getting nowhere, I called a techie.  He asked the same questions after I had just told him all the symptoms and the steps I had taken.  He offered no solution.

I decided to email again with all the details and reiterations of the details, followed by a summary of the details just to try to get through the obvious fog at the other end.  After doing all that, I again received an email telling me to do the same things that I had just told them that I had done.

I called again today (This is getting expensive).  Again, even with the case number in hand with all the details, the techie suggested the same steps to solve the problem.  I politely told her that I had done all those things.  (She was not analyzing the situation herself, but stopping after every answer to ask someone else, who was probably playing games on the Internet and throwing out advice between games.  OK, no sarcasm).

I guess I am going to get it fixed.  The consensus was that I needed a new keyboard receiver and that it would be in the mail.  I'll bet the mailman, for all the criticism he gets, will still be able to remember where my house is; and I will not need to call the post office to tell him how to get here.  OK, I forgot, no sarcasm.