• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro

Started by pat, April 01, 2008, 16:05 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
This is a good cooler, perhaps not great, but very good price to performance ratio.  I gave 19.99 plus shipping at newegg. Kind of big, but not as large as some of the other high performance coolers I've looked at.
I like the fact that the mounting mechanism can be reversed. I did reverse it on mine as it made it so much easier to install. Comes with thermal paste applied, but I removed it and went with AS5.

On my system, 6000+ and Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, I have 4 modes of operation.

PWM off and RPMs of 2815 and the fan is rather loud, however temps are best with idle of 32C and loads going up to 40-42C.

PWM ON;
Silent Mode, RPMs 1019 Idle temp 41C Load 55C
Optimal Mode, RPMs 1500 Idle temp 38-40C Load 45-48C.
Performance Mode, RPMs 1708 Idle temps 34-36C. Load 40-45C.

I'm using performance mode as I find this to be the best mix of  low noise and cooling for my system. At this setting I have to really listen closely to hear the fan and I'm getting fairly good cooling results.

I also considered and am still considering the NH-U12P Site but thought I'd give one of their NF-P12 fans a try first. I've ordered one and will give a comment once it arrives and I've had a chance to give it the once over.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Buffalo2102

I use the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, which is basically the same cooler but for LGA775 socket CPUs.  I think it is great and I got better performance from it than from supposedly top-end cooler, the Scythe Ninja.  The performance difference was minimal but the price difference was huge.  I kept the Freezer 7 Pro and auctioned the Ninja for more than I paid for it.#

Buff; got some good overclocks with it too.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

pat

I received my Noctua NF-P12 120mm fan and this is, without doubt, the nicest fan I've ever had. This thing moves a lot of air and is virtually silent, even without the low noise or ultra low noise adapter. Of course I don't have any fancy tools to measure the volume of air moved or actual sound levels, but when I put my hand in front of the vent and my ear down by the case it seems like the real deal.

I'm so impressed by this fan I went ahead and ordered up one of their coolers and will comment on that in the near future.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64