• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Burning error

Started by Callme, March 12, 2008, 19:25 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Callme

Hi,

I'm using Nero 7.

The last 4-5 DVD's that i've tried burning have ended up with the same error at the end : "Verification aborted, too much errors".

When i don't verify the disk, the disk appears to be empty.

I've been using Genuine Taiyo-Yuden 8x DVD's, this batch is fine as i'm already half way through it and didn't experience any problems with the first half.

Is there something i can do to fix this problem? I'm guessing its my dvd burner. i just hope its not dead

Thanks guys
Callme

scuzzy

You didn't mention what you're using for a burner, but it wouldn't hurt to google the DVD model for a firmware upgrade. Also check nero.com for software updates.

If the problem continues, try a different media brand to help narrow the problem. Also use a disc cleaner ($5 to $10 at Wal-Mart) to clean the DVD lens. If none of these tips resolve the problem, then I would suspect a defective DVD drive.

EDIT: One other thing to check is the condition and connection of the IDE ribbon cable (or SATA cable).
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor