• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by portablecomputer.com, January 03, 2001, 21:41 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

portablecomputer.com

From my experience it sounds like a display inverter. Is the unit under warranty. If so we can handle the problem for FREE. Just let me know.

Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

================================

infinitex

Well, I'm not sure exactly what it is, if it is or is not the "display inverter", so if I were to send it to you, how long is the turnaround time on something such as this?  What exactly is the the display inverter anyways :)... is it basically the graphics card for the LCD panel or something of that nature?  Thanks again...

Eric Matthews

portablecomputer.com

Something like that would be turned around within 5 days. In every laptop there is a Video Card (sometimes built on the board), display inverter, and the display itself. The display inverter helps power and protect the LCD from too much electricity. When it starts to malfunction you will see lines, flickering, and many other signs of wear.

Wesley Forrester

Media Computer Enterprises

www.mcecomputers.com
Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

================================

infinitex

On the left hand side of my laptop LCD monitor, a thin, couple pixel wide blue line runs the entire height of my screen.  It is occasional, and it goes away most of the time after a little while, I wasn't going to say anything, but it is on my screen right now and I'm not sure why.  In addition, it is definately not the software because I did a print-screen and pasted into paint and it wasn't there.  Thanks a lot for any input.

Eric Matthews (Infinitex)