• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

someone come to help me !!!!

Started by wjh, October 16, 2002, 07:29 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

wjh

there is a problem with my toshiba laptop,it's satellite 1410.when i switch on the power ,the power light begin to flash,and the colour is orange,and the laptop can't switch on unless i take off the battery then put it back to laptop,it's can be switch on as usual.i don't know why?please help me

scuzzy

wjh,

It's still early morning here. Check back in a few hours for possible replies.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

wjh

thank you,i hope someone can help me .

wjh

hello,is there someone can help,please?

scuzzy

wjh,

Yes, someone will probably help you. But someone is not always available to help in 10 minutes. Sometimes the answer comes in a couple hours, and sometimes in a day or two.

It all depends on who is available at the time. Please check back once in a while.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

wjh

John

wjh, just so we understand. Does this happen when you use battery power alone. Does it happen when you have the AC adapter connected and plugged into wall outlet.  Do you have a second battery if so try that one. As for the Orange color I have no Idea what you mean please explain in more detail. Also what operating system are you using.
Cogito Ergo Sum

wjh

this happened everytime,and that orange light means the voltage is not natural.but there is other three laptops,they use the same adapter,and they are work fine.i  changed the battery from another satellite 1410.and it still like this.i use windows xp home edition.

wjh

i don't know why it like this,is it because of the hardware or software or power supply?

John

wjh, is Windows XP the operating system that came with the computer. Or did you do an upgrade over another operating system. Or did you do a clean install ie. Fdisk, Format, and install.  

Cogito Ergo Sum

dcsun

Quote from: wjh on October 16, 2002, 14:59 hrsi don't know why it like this,is it because of the hardware or software or power supply?
It could be any of these.  I don't think we have enough information to help you solve the problem yet.

wjh

wjh

and when  this happen,i have use the recovery CDs to reinstall the OS.but it still like this.

scuzzy

wjh,

You'll make things easier if you give lots of information. Tell us everything that you know about your computer. You have to remember that we can only work with what you tell us. If you don't give enough information, you make it difficult or impossible to help you.

You made no mention of when the problem started, if it happened suddenly or over time, if you installed or removed software or hardware, etc.

Don't hold information back, or you'll never get an answer.

wjh

i'm sorry to give you so much trouble,because it is my first time to meet this thing,i have no idea about this,i'm sorry.these i mention before was happen when i switch on the computer second time.because it is a new one.after that it can't be switch on unless i take off the battery then put it back.and during this period the laptop always use the AC adapter.and i didn't installed or removed software or hardware.

John

wjh, can you start the computer without the battery being in the computer.
Cogito Ergo Sum

wjh

no,i can't.the laptop without batter only use AC adapter.it still can't be switch on.and the orange light still flash.

John

wjh, on the botton or back look for the model number. It might be something like 1410-303 or 1733.
Cogito Ergo Sum

John

wjh, what country were these computers purchased ie. Europe, Asia and so on.
Cogito Ergo Sum

wjh

and i want to know is it because of the quality of this laptop?because this is a new one,if it because of the quality,i can change another one from the shop.but if it not because the quality,i think the shop can't give me another one to change.

wjh

this laptop is satellite 1410-301.i purchased it in europe.

dcsun

If you just purchased this, I'd return it to the place where you bought it for support.  They should be able to fix the problem, or give you another one if it can't be repaired.

John

wjh, Microsoft XP does have a new release for the Power management feature but not for the 1410 European and Asian models. I also read on a number of sites that Toshiba was famous for power problems with notebooks. As Dave has said if it is still within warranty and even if it isn't I would return it for service.  
Cogito Ergo Sum

wjh

ok,thank you very much guys.i will try to change another one.thank you for help. :  )

O.o

WOW i have the same exact problem!!!!