• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Microsoft Messenger, Again

Started by LugwidVanB, March 04, 2009, 18:10 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

LugwidVanB

I got the cell phone to interact with the computer, but the only thing I wanted was to be able to send photos to the computer so they showed up in the email. I must have done something inadvertently that is now costing me. I'm getting messages from the computer on the cell phone whenever a new email arrives, notifying me of its arrival. I get charged for this useless favor. Is there a way you know of to stop this? Thanks.

Mark H

Does the following web page look familiar?

http://alerts.live.com/Alerts/Default.aspx

If so, you should be able to turn off any alerts by it.

If not, there has to be a place in messenger that is storing your cell phone number and has alerts turned on. Some poking around in the software may turn up a diamond.

Mark H; I don't use messenger live, so I'm not familiar with it.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

LugwidVanB

Thanks Mark. I found the site that sets up alerts and checked them all off. So far, no messages sent to the cell phone.

JA is that a contract offer? I'm using prepaid which is 10 cents/minute.

LugwidVanB

Yes, the cell phone got charged. I got ATT prepaid for 10 cents a minute. It sounds good but they don't just charge for calling. They nickel and dime you to death with charges for almost everything you do. I spent the first day figuring out all the things the phone can do and wound up spending $20 without ever making a call. ??? I am now disciplining myself to use it ONLY for making/receiving calls.

I've researched it everywhere and I can't find any prepaid any cheaper.