• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

My Holiday Weekend in

Started by pat, September 01, 2008, 19:49 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

Indiana.

Yep Indiana, went down to see if there really is more than corn in Indiana and I can report that there is (and less, more on that later).

Spent the weekend in the very heart of the Crossroads of America, "Downtown Indianapolis" at the Omni-Severin, pretty nice hotel and within walking distance of the Zoo and other attractions. The canal walk is a nice stroll through the downtown area with a first hand look at the worlds only steam powered clock, cool.

They had the rib festival going on and that was some good eating. Lots of prize winning ribs, pulled pork and other assorted BQ being sold. I did find it somewhat ironic that there I was in the heart of Indiana, which does have somewhat of a reputation as a state that grows corn, and the roasted corn that was being served came from a box that said "product of Ohio". Go figure, it was tasty though.

Great fireworks though on Saturday night, they must have went off for over a half an hour with a killer finale. Best fireworks I've seen in a very long time.

All in all a nice trip, stayed out late and had a good time.

Go Indiana...................
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

I'm glad that you had a great time in Indiana. I'm also very relieved that you didn't cross paths with Ace. His pointy shoes would have hurt. You could have found him at the zoo behind the jester cage.

I like eating until my ribs hurt. Corn is good. If I would had another son he would have been named Cornelius. His middle name would have been Roasted n' Buttered. R&B for short.

I like pulling my cat around by the tail, but I haven't tried it with a pig. Yet.

I often have go to "shots fired" calls, but they're usually just fireworks. It usually takes me half an hour just to get there. Sometimes people actually get shot with genuine bullets, but that's the time the neighbors don't call because they're "scairt". And they don't want to get their neighbors in trouble because they're nice people.

Scuzzy; so where do you want Indiana to go? And who's gonna pay the bus fare? I hope they don't come to Colorado. I hear New Orleans is nice this time of year. Maybe they can go there.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

My wife and I have walked the canal walk several times; it's longer than you'd think.  I like the circle center mall too.  There's a cool state museum plus IMAX theatre plus the veterans memorials and tennis center and a memorial to the S.S. Indianapolis, whose tragic story was told in Jaws.  And said clock.  And some really nice brew pubs. 

Ace; steam time.
Ring bells for service.

pat

I did visit a couple of the brew pups, had a nice pale ale and then one of the more full bodied amber ales and after that I sort of lost count, like I said, I stayed out late. My wife thought it was a better idea not to go into Tiki-Bobs and she was probably right on that. Looked pretty risque.

Missed the memorial to the Indianapolis, but would have liked to see it.

At first I wondered where all the retail shops were at and then found them up in the mall that spans several buildings and are connected by the walkways over the streets, neat idea and made it easy to get around.

I have one of those pictures of the clock, too, now.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

You know, I had a brew pup... my beagle/shepherd mix dog really liked Heineken.

I should mention that, although I have been known to walk on water, like today, as it's raining... the canal walk is actually around the canal and not "on" or "in" the canal in Indy.  And then connects to the White River, heading west of downtown.  Indiana is the Crossroads of America, even if the road is leased to a Spanish/Australian conglomerate.

Ace; my wife's dad has little green apples, and it's raining up north if not in Indianapolis in the summertime.

Ring bells for service.

pat

I could make of a story about how I take my dog to the pub, but why? Just another typo.

He who laughs last. Laughs last.

Done laughing?