• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Happy 08

Started by pat, January 01, 2008, 17:14 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

Here's wishing everyone had a safe and happy new year and all good things in the year ahead.

We're getting a bunch of snow today, got a bunch last night and more on the way tonight and through tomorrow. We should see anywhere from 12-18 inches of the winter wonder-stuff before it warms up this weekend and makes a big sloppy mess.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

I was going to wait for Ace to give us his good wishes and tidings of joy first, but I guess that's not going to happen any time soon. Huh.

So, I guess I'll step up to the dinner plate and add my own good wishes for a Happy New Year. Especially to all the drunks that spent the New Year on the road hurting and killing people who were just out minding their own business. You should be oh-so-proud of yourselves.

And to those who celebrated by beating up their wife and/or girlfriend, mama and/or papa, along with other family members and neighbors - Happy New Year. Special thanks to the idiot in my district that shot his son in the butt. Nice shot. And I don't want to forget the 20 year old drunk that I had to fight because he wanted to beat up his parents. Thanks for busting my glasses and ripping the buttons off of my shirt. I hope you're enjoying the personal tour of our jail. Happy New Year, and thanks for guaranteeing that I have a job (at the expense of your victims).

Maybe you can guess how I spent my New Year. Dang it.

To the rest of you who do your part in making this a better world, thanks. And a truly Happy New Year to you.

Scuzzy; yes, that includes Ace.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Bill

Scuzzy,

Thanks for working, and to all of your brothers.
Happy New Year!

Bill; I don't sew or I'd offer.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

I was going to offer a "Holiday Cheer," but we know how well that last one went over...

First, I wasn't drunk.  I had a couple mooseheads, and ate a ton, and drank water.  We left the NY bash to drive home in the blizzard, at 20 mph.  So not like I was going to lose control in "park."  Also, I am not a buttoned down butt, if that's what you're saying. 

I spent my new year watching football.  And, I installed Call of Duty 4, which my wife bought me for Christmas.  OMG, it is so cool.  It's a lot like "FEAR" as far as the visuals and sound, while being modern warfare.  If you want to use a rocket launcher or stinger or AK47 or other high powered armaments (including flash grenades) on some punk who wants to attack his parents, then I'd heartily recommend it.

I think "OMG" means "Oh, my gun" which is why I used that.  I don't like acronyms any better than em :-[tic :(ns.  That's not gonna change, this year.

Ace; I didn't know Scuzzy had any brothers.  I hope they don't look like him.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Yeah, I stay away from dairy, that stuff really isn't that good for you. Chocolate is ok though, next time try it without the dairy. Instead of Ice cream I went for the prime rib and had no hangover the next day.

And Ace, you the man, driving home from New York on New Years day in a blizzard, wow. Hey, if you're into those shoot-em-up type games I have an extra Company of Heroes game you can have. I ordered a new video card a while back and Newegg included it as a free gift, don't know why though there was one inside the game box from the manufacturer as well. Just my luck, a free gift of an already bonus free gift.

And Scuzzy, keep up the good work, it may not seem like it at times but I'm sure your hard work is much appreciated.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

Well, I'm not drunk. But I know I've had too much when I annunciate the "t" in merlot.

You know, nobody has actually verified that Ace is a man. We run (walk, stumble) under that assumption, but for all we know "he" could be a parakeet. But no doubt Ace spends a lot of time eating Blizzards at Dairy Queen.

Scuzzy; I work hard to place the bad guys in jail, yet they rarely appreciate my efforts.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

I said before that I am a young attractive Asian teenage girl.  Woot Woot as we say.  And I find the middleaged male bonding here loathsome.

Also, I do pronounce the "t" in loathsome. I do think it was mean of Johnny to pass on his headache by offering a math problem of what's 1/3 of 1/2, if you dump the remainder.  And a proofreading test on two ways to say Scuzzy gets paid watching drunks hit each other.  You know, those unlimited fighting fights get silly enough when both guys are in a bear hug clench on the mat, unable to move... if they were drunk it couldn't be easier.

Thanks for the offer of more timewasting shooting one person, Pat.  In turn, I shall offer my Call of Duty 1 game to Scuzzy. 

Yes, I used to be a parakeet here. But that was when Alex was a cat. It's way too cold in Michiana to go to work, let alone Dairy Queen. And, no Bill, it's not ok to call me "Dairy Queen" even if I do have dairy which is pretty rare, except for milk in the mashed potatoes. 

Ace; I knew I was a parakeet when people would go "cheap. cheap." when I'd walk in.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Well, you know, Potato Queen sounds a little odd but if you'd prefer that, so be it. 
Or alternately we can drop the modifiers and just go with the root noun.
Your call but let me know so I don't call you inappropriately.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

I think Duke of Potatoes would be ok.  Or just the Great DicTater.

You cannot imagine how long I've been waiting to use that, here... 

Ace; shoot, my middle name is Inappropriate.  I guess it's Italian.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

How about the Great Mr. Potatoe Head, with the jingly bells?  That's pretty close.

Bill; baked or fried?

Ace

I'd say "mashed"...

Ace; the Mystical Potato Head Groove thing...

Ring bells for service.

Chandler

Happy New Year to everyone.  I realise that this is a bit late but I spent the New Year in Cuba.  Beautiful country.  :)

Ace

And how did you find Cuba, Chandler? 

I don't mean by MapQuest... "hang a right, and go southwest for a day or so."  I mean in general, or specifically.  We stateside aren't allowed.  My wife's aunt went, back when we were permitted, about when we put that guy in power to replace the other guy and before we turned on the guy and tried to attack their pigs.  She liked it. 

Ace; we have nothing to do with that island. Except for that military base. Nothing.
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

A belated Happy New Year to all.

Buff.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

And also with you.  And a Merry Christmas, too.

Happy Halloween.  Have a great Thanksgiving.  Enjoy Labor hold it Labour Day.  And Monday is LBJ Day here, according to the Clintons.

Ace; what time zone is this island in, anyway?
Ring bells for service.