• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

My HP 854n Won't go on the internet!!!

Started by 854Nbro, April 24, 2004, 14:57 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

854Nbro

My computer had been acting strange for a while, so I brought it into Best Buy to get fixed. Now it works fine except for I can't get on the internet. I am on a College Network, and my roommates computers go on fine, but mine will not go on. I tried setting up a new home/office network, but no luck. That didn't work either. If someone knows what is wrong, and what I should do to get on the internet, I would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!!!

query

Antivirus up to date, and have you scanned?
Up to date on Windows critical updates?
Firewall running and up to date?
Scanned for spyware with an up to date program (Spybot, AdAware)?

sentofuno

if you're on a college network are your network settings correct? if the repair you had altered them or defaulted them perhaps you're not getting onto the college network to then get onto the internet.

i'm presuming you mean you always access the net through the college, therefore you live in halls of residence/student accomodation. if you have a student representative or some sort of administrator in charge of your hall ask them about network settings.

Mark H

Go into Internet Explorer and select Tools, Internet Options and then the Connections tab. Browse through the options on this tab and make sure you are set up for a LAN connection.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.