• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

TV adaptor cable

Started by kokkat, November 24, 2002, 22:39 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

kokkat

Toshiba Sattelite Laptop S5000-104 series
Model No: PS500E-00WXC-EN
P3 / 1100MHz / 256MB RAM/ 30GB / 15 XT
Serial No: Y1656442G SS500-0
As per the manual the TV adaptor cable has a mini-jack on one end and RCA jack on the other. Where do I get this TV adaptor cable from?? Does anyone know the part no:, so that I can order it?

From the picture of the back of the laptop, you can clearly see that it is not a completely circular jack like a headphone jack, nor is it a an S-Video jack, nor composite/RCA, nor component jack.

There is rectangular cut-out on it. So I suspect an altered mini-headphone jack might not do the job.

Thanking you, Kokkat

dcsun

Welcome to Poasters

I don't see any images attached, so I'm assuming you mean an s-video to rca cable.  If that's the case I'd have a look at a store like RadioShack and see if they have what you're looking for.

John

kokkat, welcome to Poasters Forums. I had a little trouble finding your notebook/laptop on the Toshiba site until I found it was a UK model notebook. You can download the manual here from Toshiba in case you do not have one. You can download it and you will need a Zip proram to unzip and install it. Page 8-12 can tell you how to install the cable and type of cable to a TV. As DcSun suggested Radio Shack or any good electronics store can get the correct adapters needed.
Cogito Ergo Sum