• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

+r and +rw?

Started by ahopeter, March 03, 2004, 00:06 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ahopeter

okay, so i figured out that i have to use dvd+r or +rw for my dvd burner needs... i went to buy the blank dvd discs...and they have dvd + r and dvd+rw...what is the difference?  i am trying to convert my camcorder movies to dvd disc... thanks
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

miko

if you have a burner that supports rw then you could also buy rw disks, which rewriteables. you can write to them, delete them, write to them again etc.

the r's are record once only, once youve recorded to them, you cant delete and record over them again. (but you can create multisession disks, which allow you to record in segments)

id go for r's as the price of rw's is more expensive.

ahopeter

ohhhh, i see, thanks.
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

mbaldw

Be warned that another reason to opt for write-once disks is that DVD players often have a hard time reading RW discs.   I believe this has something to do with a difference in refractive density between the R and RW discs.

Cheers,
Marc.

ahopeter

ahhhh!!!! another great point, so it sounds as though i should go with the dvd+r... cause i dont plan on reusing the discs and playing on my dvd player is very important...thanks!

trav

whats the diff between - and + ?
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR