• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

A Big Thank You

Started by Carol, September 20, 2003, 08:07 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Carol

I found Poasters a few years back when, shortly after I bought my Quantex it got a virus.  That was right as Quantex was going under, and it was just about impossible to get any help.  I tried setting the computer back to original with the image program that was in it, resulting in basically a dead 2 month old computer.  So I started searching on the internet and came across the old Quantex and Dell forum.  Not only was I new to computers and the internet, I had never poasted on a forum before, and was very nervous about the response I would receive.  It took me days to finally get up enough nerve to poast, and figured these people were going to have a hard time even figuring out what I'm talking about.  I was shocked at the response.  Everyone was so friendly and helpful.  It didn't matter how many times I came back and said, I don't understand, or I need step by step instructions.  I felt like everyone was just bending over back-wards to get my computer working again.  And as a result it was back up and running, better than new.  And I might add I'm still using it.  Thanks for all the advice from way back till as recently as getting Christopher's college computer running again a few weeks ago.

Poasters has gone through quite a few changes since that time, but has remained friendly, helpful and clean.

I want to thank the administrators that keep us up and running, and all the moderators that give so much wonderful advice, and help so many.  My life right now dictates that I don't have much time to spend here, but I do try to peek in and keep up some with what's going on.  I hope someday to learn enough to help more and to give back some of the knowledge.

Thank you for all the time you give to help others, when in this day and age time is such a precious thing.  I think that we have assembled a wonderful, giving, caring, talented and intelligent group and I'm glad to be part of it.

Have a great day,
Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

scuzzy

Thanks, Carol. Folks like you, as well as your family members, are why we are here.

Let's not forget what a tremendous help your son, Eric, has been to this forum. We can not sufficiently thank him for his unselfish dedication to making this forum work.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor