• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Huge problem, damaged monitor

Started by Robin, April 04, 2007, 12:08 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin

I bought another laptop from a friend really cheap since the monitor was damaged. It is physicly broken, wide open in the north-east top, but the left side still was ok when i bent it a little bit. This way i could use Catalyst Control Center to make a stationary monitor the main screen.

Today i wanted to update the ATI drivers in the laptop and uninstall CCC to replace it with Ati Tray Tools. The problem is that the multiple-screen function is reset whenever You update the video adapter drivers, AND the laptop's screen has become completely corrupted for some reason meaning i can't see a thing on any of the screens now!

Right before the laptop screen went coo-coo i did manage to make the other monitor an extende part of the windows desk.

Ok... so, i suppose You understand my problem and what i want to do. Since i can't see the start menu and can't move anything over to the other monitor, i wonder if there maybe are some shortcut-commands or something You can use to perhaps extend the entire start bar to the other monitor, so i could use ATT down by the clock to fix this!

I am still searching for commands on the micosoft website, but i don't know what exactly to search for in neither english nor swedish!

Please tell me there's something i can do to force the other monitor to become the main one!
Swedish Voice-Over artist interested in working in or near San Jose!
My Voice Profile
| My Community Island of redemptions - Isle Red - Fighting Loneliness - i am so lonely - islandofredemptions.com

query

Check with the vendor of the notebook system.   Not all can use an external display as a primary one - some must sense the internal panel or they won't properly boot.