• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Messy Cabling?

Started by Chandler, February 09, 2004, 17:39 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Chandler

Well here are some interesting links to check out:

M:6 Hardware - Cable Hiding Guide
Viperlair.com - Tidy Up Your PC Interior

My Quantex is a complete mess at the moment, mainly due to some extra drives being temporarily installed.  These guides should help me get it nice and tidy (along with my packet of cable/zip ties ;))

slaxorz

that is some good info.  The first one is especially interesting being as though i have about 50 grey ide cables laying around.  I like hows smooth that looks awesome.

Wade777

WOW!!! Thats really nice
Need a custom computer?
Check out my website:
http://www.microhardcomputers.com

trav

CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

wonderings

Well I still think that is so messy, better but still messy. Now if you want no clutter and clean take a look at in the G5:

http://www.apple.com/powermac/gallery/open.html

Almost enough room for me to move in!
15 inch PowerBook 1.5 ghz G4 2 gig ram DVD-RW 80 gig HD  
Dual 1.8ghz G5,  8X DVD-RW, 2 gig ddr ram, 160 x 2 gig HD
Dual 2ghz G5 DVD-RW, 2gig ddr ram, 250 x 2 gig HD
Lacie F.A. Porshce 160 external FW HD
1 BenQ 15 inch LCD VGA
1, 17 inch Samsung 172x LCD displays DVI
1, 30 inch Apple HD Cinema

the sheeep

really, its all common sense... hide what you can, sleeve what you cant... heres my case:

and heres where i hid everything... pretty much it all behind the mobo tray and in the hard drive slots that are empty...

www.2-a-d.com
...if only parents trusted kids with technology...

Mark H

Quote from: wonderings on April 30, 2004, 17:10 hrs
Well I still think that is so messy, better but still messy. Now if you want no clutter and clean take a look at in the G5:

http://www.apple.com/powermac/gallery/open.html

Almost enough room for me to move in!

The G5 looks nice inside, however, if a PC had most of the motherboard covered you could easily hide its cables as well. The G5 just looks like there is more places to hide cables, that is all in my opinion.

Not knocking it though, as it is a top notch machine.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Nestor

In my business, we always twist the power cables tightly at the power supply end so that it will loop back on itself, then loosely twist it down to the Molex connector. all the data cables can be folded and tucked between the drives. even the CPU fan cable gets twisted. The case is clean and aesthetically appealing. Additionally, you don't have to cut your case or use zip ties. I also typically remove the zip tie that comes on the 20 pin power connector- it twists up more evenly.

So, when a customer comes to us with problems with his computer, and we open it up and see the 'spaghetti' effect, we know it was a user-error. ;D
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM

Igloo

its also a good way to find out if anyone has altered anything within your system... i.e. like nestorath runs a repair station... if he knows the pc is one of his he has built, he can therfore ask the user what they have added.... it also improves airflow from front to back.

Igloo
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Whizbang

Where do you get the 90? power cable connectors?

Mark H

Try Performance-PCs, which I hear is pretty reputable. Below is a link to their page with some right angle power connections:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=34_159&osCsid=a10eb187b2a00e1c0db2d05dda4680a7
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Whizbang

Nestor

Make your own! not too difficult to do, with a little know how/experimentation.
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM

Whizbang

I found the only US supplier for the individual 90? connectors other than going to Molex and sort through the enormous and complicated assortment available.  I placed an order for a bunch to give it a shot.

Page 1

Click the page insert above the pics for page 2 of catalog series.
You will need 90? pass-thru's, 90? female end cap, and male plug for each setup.  I decided to get wire locally, but they have the wire also.